PDA

View Full Version : Question for Tour Diablo MP users.

topspin dave
08-25-2005, 05:14 PM
I've settled on this racket and I am now experimenting with strings and lead tape. I play mostly 4.0/4.5 doubles and occasional singles. I have an "old school" game and prefer aggressive net play. I'm not a frequent string breaker and string my own rackets. I've added lead tape at 3 & 9 o/c and currently have one strung with E-matrix and the other with Yonex 850 Pro Spin. I'm contemplating ordering some Iso-Speed Professional which I liked in my HPS 6.1. For those that have been using this frame for a while, what strings have become your favorite and if you use lead tape, what locations worked for you? Thanks.

backhand
08-25-2005, 06:00 PM
I use Bab Xcel 17, 58 lbs, 1 oz of tape at 9, 12, 3; 5 oz at butt. Increases swingweight to approximately 324, weight trivially. Seems to make it about as powerful as my Diabo Mid (TW says 70, IMO higher). Great feel, OK control, amazing spin. Tighter strings would help control, spin, but counteract lead, so that's the tradeoff for me.

hummer23
08-25-2005, 06:03 PM
did you mean grams of lead instead of ounces? becasue you said you added 6 ounces of lead, whihc is more than half of the weight of the frame initially. that would increase the weight very dramatically. what exactly did you mean?

Marius_Hancu
08-25-2005, 07:37 PM
did you mean grams of lead instead of ounces? becasue you said you added 6 ounces of lead, whihc is more than half of the weight of the frame initially. that would increase the weight very dramatically. what exactly did you mean?

dramatically is indeed the word.

Viper
08-25-2005, 08:13 PM
Technifibre X1 Bi-Phase @57 and I had the lead at the 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock

backhand
08-25-2005, 09:44 PM
oops. Yep, meant gms rather than oz.

Rumjungle
08-26-2005, 06:20 AM
I'm still experimenting with strings but I prefer to have 5oz. total at the 2 & 10 positions. I'm not looking for stability so much as a higher sweetspot.

Rumjungle
08-26-2005, 06:22 AM
Sorry that's 5 grams, now you have me doing it, Backhand. :D

Vamz
08-26-2005, 06:32 AM
Well, what string have you used in your past racquets? That usually yields the best results, even with a new racquet. I used to use Prince Problend at 67 lbs in my old Diablos, but then I eventually switched to Luxilon Big Banger TiMo in the mains and Prince Perfection in the crosses at 69 lbs. Hehe, 69... :mrgreen:

topspin dave
08-26-2005, 07:25 AM
I'm all over the place with strings at the moment. Since I bought a stringer a couple of yrs ago, I've tried various polys, synth gut, nat gut, and multis. Thought I preferred a crisper feeling string until I tried Iso-Speed Control. At first, I didn't think much of it. Then, I was forced to use it in a league match when I popped a string (Gosen OG Micro) in my "preferred" racket. By the end of the match I had warmed up to it and decided to stick with it thru an upcoming tournament. Lost in the finals but felt very pleased with these strange strings. Do a search and you'll see what I mean. I bought them to counter the stiffness of my HPS 6.1 frame and they cured my TE with other benefits to boot. First impression was a "dead feel" but the ball goes right where you aim...excellent control (hence the name). Anyone play these strings in a Diablo MP? I'm wondering if they'll be too dampened in a more flexible frame, although I'm impressed enough to try them anyway.