PDA

View Full Version : racket changing help

Goldberg
08-25-2005, 08:13 PM
i am a div III college player and started playing tennis pretty late in my life. I played 1 year of high school and now i am going into my junior year of college (played #1 singles my sophmore year). I have been tring many rackets, to see if i can find the best one for my game but i have not found it and fell into a slump in search of the best stick for me. I used an oversize when i started moved to the midplus for a little bit then went to the mids and stayed with those because the just felt good. I have been using the ncode 90 and rdx 500 mid lately and still tring to decide which i like better but neither feel perfect. i have a strong topspin forhand and a 1 handed backhand. anyone have any suggestions for rackets i should try? Maybe thinking of going up in the head size a little. hard to tell what i liked about in certain rackets but i am pretty sure i like the standerd length and a racket over at least 11.5 ounces. not a big fan of adding lead to a racket. i tried a LM prestige MP and it felt "dead".
any help or opinions will be appreciated (sorry for the long read)

Viper
08-25-2005, 08:15 PM
I used the nSix-One 90 and it felt fine, but Im starting to hear some good things about the Yonex, so I dont know.

RKS12
08-26-2005, 03:23 AM
Goldberg, my 2 favorite players rackets right now would be Fischer Pro#1 and Volkl Tour9VE. I like these because they are control rackets with just a slight bit of power that you can control. You can swing hard with these frames and keep the ball in. The Fischer will be over 11.5 when strung with grip, etc. Maybe not on the Volkl.
Where do you play college? I have a son who might be able to play small D1 or 2/3 and its interesting you got to that level starting so late. Congrats on that accomplishment and keep improving!

Goldberg
08-26-2005, 06:40 AM
i play at a state school in Massachusetts. I found something i love and worked really hard getting in the best shape and working on my game and just keept improving and made it to #1 on my team. i have never tried any of the fischer rackets so maybe i will look for a pro #1.