PDA

View Full Version : Topspin of Prestige MidPlus

zorg
08-25-2005, 09:27 PM
Ok, here is the deal. I am thinking about getting this racket. But, I need my share of topspin. The Mid doesn't really have enough for me...Lets just say for the sake of arguing that this is all done with the same swing/technique. Since there is no test on TW that compares the MidPlus version with 2 other rackets like for the Mid, I checked out the LM Radical MP. They have the same headsize and same string pattern. Now, for the topspin rating, the Radical scroed highest, even higher than the nCode 95, 16/18 string pattern. We all know the nCode 95 has a lot of spin potential. So my question is, does the LM Prestige MP have the same spin of the LM Radical? If that is the case, then I will buy it today!!

(Remember, this is all compared with the same technique and stroke, so with the same technique, what has more topspin...)

zorg
08-26-2005, 04:38 AM
Bumparooni

BLiND
08-26-2005, 07:01 AM
Firstly you can't use the same tecnique for a dense pattern as you use with an open pattern... its simply different, the dense strings bursh the ball more, while the open strings grip the ball more.

Secondly, you can generate just as much spin with dense as with open, you just need to learn to adjust your tecnique... also use thin-gauge string (I use 1.1mm mains with 1.3mm cross... I could use all 1.1 with out any problems)... which will help to bit the ball a little more.

Lastly you can get more pocketing effect from denser patterns because you can string lower, giveing a HUGE sweetspot.

Now to answer your question... yes they are the same. The only thing which sets them appart is the stiffness of the Radical.

Vamz
08-26-2005, 07:35 AM
You can get quite a bit, but I don't think nearly what you can get from the nsix-one 95. The thing about the radical is that it is quite a bit lighter than the Prestige, so you are going to be able to get a higher swing speed out of your stroke. I hated the LM Radical, but I love my LM Prestige MP. I used a Luxilon hybrid to get a lot more spin, I also use an 18 gauge. But you are really going to have to try it, just to see.

Marius_Hancu
08-26-2005, 08:51 AM
Firstly you can't use the same technique for a dense pattern as you use with an open pattern... its simply different, the dense strings brush the ball more, while the open strings grip the ball more.

OK, so which are the details of the technique as you see it for each?

Marius_Hancu
08-26-2005, 08:56 AM
for the Prestige mind the 18x20 patterns. if you have arm problems, that's not quite recommended, the stringbed is harsher on the arm. of course you can compensate, by reducing tension, etc, but ....

spinbalz
08-26-2005, 08:57 AM
Zorg, if you want as much spin as possible, just use the racquet that allows you to swing with the fastest headspeed.

BLiND
08-27-2005, 06:24 AM
Don't have time to post specifics, but basically... for dense pattern, you open the racquet-face more. You need to brush more on it, which can feel very strange at first, and can give you a sense of less control, but you get use to it.

With an open pattern you close the racquet face lot more, otherwise the ball can sail on you.

Marius_Hancu
08-27-2005, 10:38 AM
Don't have time to post specifics, but basically... for dense pattern, you open the racquet-face more. You need to brush more on it, which can feel very strange at first, and can give you a sense of less control, but you get use to it.

With an open pattern you close the racquet face lot more, otherwise the ball can sail on you.

thanks, I am using that in other occasions, but haven't considered them in relation to the string pattern, as until recently didn't have any change in that.

BLiND
08-27-2005, 11:52 AM
I'm talking at aroud the mid to end of the stroke... especially the end... if you don't close that racquet on an open pattern it'll sail... not-so with dense patterns.