PDA

View Full Version : Review RDX 500 mp ( part one )

bluegrasser
08-26-2005, 05:19 AM
Only part one because I received it late ( 8:00 ) last night and hit with my son ( 2.5 -3.0 ) who just started this year, + only hit groundies. The feel was fantastic, and the spin potential was unbelievable, I hit my backhand with a cont/eastern grip and always have trouble getting top with my bh, not with this stick, it was easy as pie. The weight felt a little lighter than the tour 03 and 300 mfil that i've been hitting with lately, so I still need to hit more balls, and the real test will be the volley and the serve, as that's where the complaints of this racquet were. stay tuned for more..

swilburn
08-26-2005, 12:00 PM
I have the RDX500mp and just recieved the mid yesterday. The mid is as many have said, a more solid hitting racket. After hitting with the RDX500 mid I don't think I could go back to the MP. If you don't need the extra power of the MP try the mid.

Viper
08-26-2005, 01:35 PM
i might demo it now

smittysan89
08-26-2005, 01:51 PM
I very very very badly want to demo it but nobody around me carries yonex and I mean nobody...so i might just get it from TW...its 20$ even if you get one racquet or 4?

Muse
08-26-2005, 02:32 PM
I very very very badly want to demo it but nobody around me carries yonex and I mean nobody...so i might just get it from TW...its 20$ even if you get one racquet or 4?

Yeah, kinda. It's definately the best deal to get 4 racquets. I reccomend demoing the Mid, it's simply amazing. It really seems like it could go down as one of those great frames that we're talking about 10 years from now, it seems like it's getting a huge following these days.

Kevo
08-26-2005, 03:04 PM
Hey Muse,

How much playing time do you get out of the Gut/ALU hybrid in your Mid? I've been thinking about trying a gut hybrid, but was worried about it being very short lived.

Muse
08-26-2005, 03:46 PM
Kevo - Actually, I've logged at least 10-15 hours on one racquet so far (they are pretty new, and since school started I haven't been playing as much) and I haven't broken them yet. I have a history of not breaking strings though, which I dont understand cause I do hit hard with spin, but then again, I'm not complaining. That's one of the main reasons I wanted the guy hybrid, I figured I could make it last.

Kevo
08-26-2005, 06:00 PM
Well, if you don't mind, let me know how much time you get out of. I am thinking I may have to try it once just to see how long it lasts.

Muse
08-26-2005, 07:10 PM
Will do. I highly reccomend you try it. I can't even describe how well it plays.

milo
08-27-2005, 09:39 AM
have you ever tried rd ti 80? how does it compare to rdx 500 mid? and what makes you (swilburn) feel that you could not go back to the rdx 500 mp after using the mid? (anybody also)

Lefty Spin
08-27-2005, 02:31 PM
Milo, i just switched from the rdx mid to the rd ti-80. As most have said, the mid is a very good racquet. It is a great volleying stick, with great control. I hit the best drop volleys with that racquet. I decided to swith to the 80 just because I wanted a little more pop and spin. The mid however has a huge sweetspot for a 90 inch frame. I play mostly from the baseline and felt the 80 was just a little more effortless.

bluegrasser
08-27-2005, 03:39 PM
I'm being hijacked !!

swilburn
08-27-2005, 05:06 PM
Milo it's been several years since I demoed the ti 80, so no good comparison. I feel the ti 80 was a good racket but not what I was looking for back then. I have added some weight to the RDX midplus and it definitly is playing better. I may have spoken too quickly! The RDX mid is definitely more challenging than the midplus! But it serve's great! Sorry "Bluegrasser" to have opened this up! Let us know how the play test goes with the midplus.

milo
08-27-2005, 10:24 PM
lefty spin: which one do you think better for your game right now? the rd ti 80 or rdx 500 mid? does the ti 80 gives you more spin?
swilburn: so after you have added some weight which one is better? the mid or mp? on what position did you added some weight?
I myself wanted to buy the rdx 500 but still confused which one to choose. there is no demo racket in my country.

swilburn
08-29-2005, 08:04 PM
Milo, I like them both. The midplus with some weight added at the 9:00 and 3:00 positions is quicker and easier to swing than the mid. It has a bigger sweet spot with easier power but it can fly out. The RDX mid is very solid, but harder to hit the sweet spot, but when you do, there is no greater feeling. I love serving with the mid! You can really crank it up with this racket! I feel the mid has less spin than the midplus, as others have stated, but the mid has better stability and weight of shot. Framed shots on the mid seem to stay inbounds also. If you can adjust to the lower power and smaller head of the mid I feel it's a better racket. Maybe just have one of each and use the mid on good days and the midplus on those days your game is a little looser!? Both have a great feeling and pocket the ball well!