PDA

View Full Version : jason whitman horrible customer

mark_1981
08-26-2005, 06:58 AM
Jason emailed me and wanted to buy 2 of my babolat pure drives. He told me the check would be in my mail box by friday so would I please get the racquets strung for him. So I went out and got the racquets strung at his tension with babolat pro hurricane amins and VS gut crosses, so it wasn't cheap string. Friday came and no check, I mailed him and he told me a small problem with the bank I would have the check the next day or monday but he definatly wanted them. I told alot of people sorry they are sold. Today is friday of the folowing week and now it still hasn't arrived and Jason will not answer my emails. If he didn't want them and changed his mind he should have just told me so instead of me telling other people that they were sold. I think this was extremly inconsiderate on his behalf and I would think twice before doing a deal with this guy

BreakPoint
08-26-2005, 11:21 AM
I agree. This guy Jason should be banned from ever doing business again on these boards. If you tell the seller to custom string the racquets for you, as far as I'm concerned, you've bought the racquets. They're yours and you owe the seller money for both the racquets and the string jobs.

The rest of us honest people here don't need to put up with that crap!

Lakoste
08-26-2005, 03:52 PM
that really sucks!!!!

whats this guys username?

tennis4losers
08-26-2005, 05:59 PM
He wanted to do a similar thing wit me with my ncodes. I told him to go get his own rackets strung himself.

shsman2091
08-26-2005, 06:51 PM
what's his username?

POGO
08-26-2005, 07:05 PM
This should be a lesson for everyone. TRUST NOONE!!!! Specially strangers, and specially someone from internet.

Never hold anything for anyone, unless you agreed for him to give you a deposit first, and if they are sending you a check, tell them to send it to you with delivery confirmation or certified mail. Once you have the check, make sure it clears from your bank before sending out your racket(s).

Also, get the person's home phone number and confirm it, as they can be traced in case of mail fraud. The more information to link the seller or the buyer the better.

When the check clears, then send the racket with delivery confirmation. Also, send pictures to the buyer so that the buyer will know exactly what they will be recieving prior to sealing the deal. Don't give these scammers the opportunity to rip you off, this goes for the buyers and the sellers.

tennis4losers
08-26-2005, 09:14 PM
This should be a lesson for everyone. TRUST NOONE!!!! Specially strangers, and specially someone from internet.

Never hold anything for anyone, unless you agreed for him to give you a deposit first, and if they are sending you a check, tell them to send it to you with delivery confirmation or certified mail. Once you have the check, make sure it clears from your bank before sending out your racket(s).

Also, get the person's home phone number and confirm it, as they can be traced in case of mail fraud. The more information to link the seller or the buyer the better.

When the check clears, then send the racket with delivery confirmation. Also, send pictures to the buyer so that the buyer will know exactly what they will be recieving prior to sealing the deal. Don't give these scammers the opportunity to rip you off, this goes for the buyers and the sellers.

Thats a little hard on here "specially someone from internet"

mark_1981
08-27-2005, 07:38 AM
jason whitman was his name. I have sold lots of racquets probably ver 10 on here and most people are honest and I have had no trouble but this guy, beware of him

Steve Huff
08-27-2005, 11:07 PM
One more time---WHAT'S HIS SCREEN NAME?

Backcourt Pickup
08-28-2005, 06:30 AM
His screen name was his name.

I think that a lot of people are honest, and I would like to keep believing that, because there are many opportunities for people on these forums to trade racquets in a positive environment. It is people like him who divert people from searching for that racquet they want within these forums.

BreakPoint
08-28-2005, 10:20 AM
I don't see a "jason whitman" on the list of members' screen names. That must be his real name. We need to know what his screen name is so that we can avoid him in the future.

Colpo
08-29-2005, 12:10 PM
The seller may not know his screen name, or know him by any other name. I get offers from people all the time to my TW "For Sale" listings, and I have no idea whether they post regularly on TW, whether they're even registered on TW, or whether they just cruise tennis cyberspace looking for a deal on frames. In other words, he may not have a screen name on TW.

Real question then is what is his email address(es)?

superiorplaya
09-06-2005, 02:19 PM
racket4life that's his nick name

KuramaIX
09-07-2005, 01:01 AM
Dang he wants to trade rackets with me :confused:

adamc637
09-07-2005, 12:07 PM
Post his address. That way we can be sure.

Shyyre
09-07-2005, 12:24 PM
go see my other posts about him...

B5002
09-07-2005, 06:57 PM
haha, all of his 12 posts were either in the for sale or wanted section.

allcourter
09-15-2005, 12:36 PM
Even if you have his email address, that won't ensure anything because individual like that may have many email addresses.... :confused:

!<-_->!
09-15-2005, 05:43 PM
Well, I tried dealing with him and to no avail, nothing. He said he would send a shipping number and after that, no more responses to my emails. Of course, already seeing these negative posts, I was not going to send money till I got the goods. I'll post his address later if I get no word by Saturday.

Shyyre
09-16-2005, 01:49 PM
Well, I tried dealing with him and to no avail, nothing. He said he would send a shipping number and after that, no more responses to my emails. Of course, already seeing these negative posts, I was not going to send money till I got the goods. I'll post his address later if I get no word by Saturday.

hey! just out of curiosity, what were you going to buy? i was going to buy some head i.rad os's, but now i've actually decided to sell my i.rads... if that's what you were going to buy, please let me know and i may get rid of mine real cheap.

shyyre@hotmail.com

Kirko
09-16-2005, 05:18 PM
a good thing to look for is the number of posts someone makes here read them and I think you can come to a conclusion on their veracity.

154Ace
09-23-2005, 11:20 AM
His email address is jason@keepitframed.com

He has a couple other ones too, all keepitframed sites

Shashwat
11-06-2007, 03:35 PM
He just contacted me about my FXP radical for his FXP Prestige. He has many bad references on here but seems nice and trustworthy in emails. Should i trade or no?

I know this thread is from 2 years ago, but i don't want to be scammed.

TheShaun
11-06-2007, 06:18 PM
He just contacted me about my FXP radical for his FXP Prestige. He has many bad references on here but seems nice and trustworthy in emails. Should i trade or no?

I know this thread is from 2 years ago, but i don't want to be scammed.

DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!

there are three negative threads on this guy. don't get scammed, shashwat...

Shashwat
11-06-2007, 07:54 PM
But he seems really nice and even said that i don't have to ship my racquets till i get his....

Bottle Rocket
11-06-2007, 08:36 PM
But he seems really nice and even said that i don't have to ship my racquets till i get his....

Then you have nothing to lose, so why are you asking us for advice?

Anyway, it is interesting for a "buyer" to have all kinds of bad talk about him.

I would be interested to know if any of the deals talked about in this thread were ever settled?

Diver
11-06-2007, 08:49 PM
Anyway, it is interesting for a "buyer" to have all kinds of bad talk about him.

I would be interested to know if any of the deals talked about in this thread were ever settled?

I highly doubt it

TheShaun
11-07-2007, 03:17 PM

if that's the case then you can't lose. but judging by his track record he'll probably back out.

Richie Rich
11-07-2007, 03:40 PM
if that's the case then you can't lose. but judging by his track record he'll probably back out.

or claim he sent them but really didn't

TheShaun
11-07-2007, 03:48 PM
or claim he sent them but really didn't

yeah. if shashwat decides to do the deal i hope he waits till the racquets are in hand and not fall for the "you'll get them tomorrow, go ahead and send yours now."

Shashwat
11-07-2007, 07:17 PM
Yeah i wont, i'll just sell him my racquet. Wait for the money order, cash it, and then ship my racquet.

Or if i trade, i will wait till i get the racquets in my hand and then ship mine. He said he totally understands where im coming from and i dont have the ship my racquet till i get his.

keithchircop
11-12-2007, 06:38 AM
Just don't string them up for him.

Fedace
11-12-2007, 07:03 AM
He maybe out of money or his landlord could be coming after him?

Shashwat
11-27-2007, 05:51 PM
Yup, i had a set deal with him. Gave him my info, and he said he would ship his racquets first. A week went by and nothing, i finally emailed him and he said his mother is in the hospital and he is also moving to a new house so he has been really busy, i said okay thats fine, can you just send it in a couple of days. He said he would, and never did. I sent another email and he never replied back.

Waste of my time, i held my racquet for him. Oh well, atleast i didn't lose anything, and i would NOT reccomend dealing with him.

TheShaun
11-29-2007, 08:48 PM
Yup, i had a set deal with him. Gave him my info, and he said he would ship his racquets first. A week went by and nothing, i finally emailed him and he said his mother is in the hospital and he is also moving to a new house so he has been really busy, i said okay thats fine, can you just send it in a couple of days. He said he would, and never did. I sent another email and he never replied back.

Waste of my time, i held my racquet for him. Oh well, atleast i didn't lose anything, and i would NOT reccomend dealing with him.

shashwat, i'm glad you didn't lose anything in the deal but your time.

Federer's pet goat Leanne
11-29-2007, 09:03 PM
wow, mother in the hospital COMBINED with moving to a new house? and everytime I look at a bad reference, the word "busy" seems to come up a lot for some reason.

Bud
11-29-2007, 09:16 PM
wow, mother in the hospital COMBINED with moving to a new house? and everytime I look at a bad reference, the word "busy" seems to come up a lot for some reason.

They're busy making excuses, don't bother them about your racquet :)

USOpenBallBoy
12-02-2007, 08:06 PM
DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT SENDING THIS GUY RACQUETS! :evil:

we agreed to trade head flexpoint prestiges...i sent him mine and never got anything back. at the beginning he was emailing me everyday. he seemed like the nicest guy ever. then he just stopped contact. then gave me the excuse his mom was in the hospital. and i havent heard from him since.

now because i assumed he was a good guy ive lost 2 racquets that probably wont ever show up. :evil:

he had been emailing with the email: jwhitman1@newwavecomm.net

Federer's pet goat Leanne
12-02-2007, 09:20 PM
damn he strikes again?

skraggle
12-03-2007, 08:04 PM
It's getting harder and harder to feel sorry for people who get burned like this.

CHECK BUYER/SELLER FEEDBACK FIRST!

Fries-N-Gravy
12-03-2007, 08:27 PM
if someone has little to no reference or posts and you do, then you should receive racquets first and then send yours, in terms of trading. it is partially your fault for letting yourself fall into the hands of someone like this when all the signs are there or not there for you to evaluate.

with sales, i only put sold or tell people sold when i've actually gotten money. if not i assume they are still thinking about it and thats what i tell people. i also only take paypal because i dont want to deal with checks and nonsense. the couple dollars they charge i can live with in exchange for convenience.

i'm a busy student and i sent out 3 racquets today 30 min before the post office closed, and i got paid only yesterday. "busy" is just an excuse for laziness or avoiding confrontation to resolve a changed mind about buying something.

Shashwat
12-06-2007, 02:55 PM
DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT SENDING THIS GUY RACQUETS! :evil:

we agreed to trade head flexpoint prestiges...i sent him mine and never got anything back. at the beginning he was emailing me everyday. he seemed like the nicest guy ever. then he just stopped contact. then gave me the excuse his mom was in the hospital. and i havent heard from him since.

now because i assumed he was a good guy ive lost 2 racquets that probably wont ever show up. :evil:

he had been emailing with the email: jwhitman1@newwavecomm.net

Same here but i didn't send my racquets. You have to read the references and be smarter about it.