PDA

View Full Version : Head Ti Radical solid? No way!!!

djones
08-26-2005, 11:20 AM
I scrolled thru all the threads about the Head Ti Radical.
More than one member on this board said, this racquet was solid yet crispy.
So I went to buy a pair of 2nd hand Ti Radicals mp.
Strung one up with an expensive Big Banger Alu Power string at 27.5 kilos, added leadtape and it just played like a stiff hollow board, yuk!
This racquet doesn't feel solid at all, doesn't have feel, does feel clumsy and I couldn't even get mroe power on my serve than I did with my Head Prestige Classic mid!

Does anyone have more suggestions for me for a good Prestige Classic substitute with better spin capabilities?

zAllianceBmx
08-26-2005, 11:30 AM
well look at the string you put on there. try a softer string perhaps.

BreakPoint
08-26-2005, 11:52 AM
Very few racquets serve better than the Prestige Classic Mid. Want to try a solid feeling racquet that serves great? Try the PS 6.0 85.

djones
08-26-2005, 12:15 PM
well look at the string you put on there. try a softer string perhaps.

I'm used to strings like this, and I never went lower than 23 kilos in my Prestige Classic mid, usually around 25 kilos, so I figured to maintain the same control with my Ti Radical I had to string it up a little higher.
And the control was still awfull.
I coudn't plow thru the ball as I'm used to, somehow my strokes where getting shorter and shorter.
Balls where sailing over the baseline by meters, once I even hit the ground before reaching the net, that bad it's control was.

The only reason why I wanted to swith was lack of spin.
Should I consider the Yonex RDX 500 mid?

BreakPoint
08-26-2005, 12:40 PM
The Ti.Radical also has a 18x20 string pattern so I don't think you'll get much more spin out of it than you could with the Prestuge Classic. The reason you don't get the same plow through feel and the control from the Ti.Radical is because it's a much lighter racquet than the Prestige Classic. It also has a bigger head, thus, larger stringbed, which also decreases control. A heavier, smaller-headed racquet will give you more control and the balls won't fly as much.

Yeah, give the RDX 500 Mid a try. That has a closer feel to the Prestige Classic and it has about the same sized head.

Viper
08-26-2005, 01:29 PM
Yeah, try the RDX 500 mid. Its great

highsierra
08-26-2005, 02:00 PM
Solid feel + great spin potential = nCode SixOne 95.

I have played with bothe nCode and i.Radical so I know what you mean, assuming i.Rad and Ti.Rad are similar. I like my i.Rad though :)

big ted
08-26-2005, 02:22 PM
i tried the ti radical os and i didnt think it felt that solid but then i tried the ti carbon 5000 which is 102 sq inches and it felt alot more solid because the racquet beam is alot thicker and boxed then the ti radicals