PDA

View Full Version : MS 200TT owner!...any regret?

5.0 TopDog
05-10-2004, 07:42 AM
I have seen a lot of good feedback on the laserfibre MS 200tt in this forum. But, recently I've seen some mixed feeling about this machine. Some wish they would have bought another machine for different reason...Anyone out there wish they have bought another machine?..If you do what would it be? :roll:

topspin
05-10-2004, 12:28 PM
Absolutely not! Would make the same purchase today without any hesitation.

coachrick
05-10-2004, 01:28 PM
No regrets performance-wise; however, the machine still looks rather unimpressive to the non-LF-savvy person. As such, if I needed to impress with visuals(after 30 years and many thousands of stringjobs, I don't), I would seek out a high-industrial-tech-looking table or stand to enhance the appearance of the 200tt. For my personal taste, minimalist is in the eye of the beholder. I think the 200tt represents the best technology/design for the dollar but agree that many of the less 'sophisticated' machines, from Alpha and Gamma in particular, offer adequate performance for most personal or limited-use stringing. Good luck!

sherpa78
05-10-2004, 06:54 PM
I've only strung 2 racquets so far on my newly acquired MS200TT and love it... it's so easy! The build quality is excellent! Of course, I've only had an ATS SuperStringer II to compare it against. I agree with topspin and coachrick: I wholeheartedly recommend it!

SunDog
05-10-2004, 07:02 PM
MS200TT = Total peace of mind. The machine may have shortcommings - depending upon what is important to any given individual - but for a reasonable price, you get superior clamps, a reliable mounting system and a consistent and accurate tensioning mechanism.

mr. stevo
05-10-2004, 09:31 PM
anyone string any badminton rackets on this machine? I was considering this but i also need to string for badminton.

topspin
05-10-2004, 10:42 PM
Yeah I have strung badminton on it. No problems at all. With the new mounting system at the throat, you just ask for the longer hold down supports and you're set.

I find stringing badminton racquets a lot of fun. It's cute to pull tension with just the smaller weight. Clamps fit good even in the tighter badminton patterns.

mr. stevo
05-10-2004, 10:48 PM
i was kind of concerned because don't you have to get new clamps for badminton rackets? Also is the mounting system supportive enough for high tensions on a badminton racket? i'm looking to string at 25 because i play badminton and tennis compeitively. thanks for your replys

topspin
05-11-2004, 09:08 AM
No you won't need new clamps, the ones that come with the machine work just fine. The mounting system is the safest you can get on the market today. Now if that is enough to withstand tensions like 25lbs, I think it matters more on the frame you're stringing.

This reminds me of an email I got a long time ago from a serious badminton player. He told me about Proace racquets (www.proace.com). Here is a bit of what they claim:

"First, please take any of PRO ACE Graphite Badminton Rackets and select one graphite badminton racket which you are most satisfied with-from any other brands. Later, please cut both of their strings and have them strung with 29lbs string tension (the world top players' standard). After finishing strung, you will find almost 90% of rackets turn into transmuted or cracked already, whereas PRO ACE racket maintains its original figure.

Now, you may cut the strings and repeat stringing again. This time, please use 31lbs string tension (the highest standard). The result will come to that almost 99% graphite badminton rackets are all deformed or cracked. But still, any of PRO ACE Rackets remains unbroken and harmed nowhere."

Sounds like if you want to string at high tensions, these frames would handle it a lot better. Let me know what you think.

mr. stevo
05-11-2004, 11:48 AM
thanks for your reply the reason behind this is because i think the pro ace rackets can be compared to a POG it's a traditional oval shape. But the rackets i have are isometric, the yonex ones, same as tennis. since it's more of a squarish shape it's more proned to break on the inside top of the racket. since the top of the racket has more of a flat side to it. So i am afraid of the racket distorting sideways. But in the end i think i might get the ms200tt but i need funds =(

bcaz
05-11-2004, 11:40 PM
None -- fine machine, well-made, easy to use; I hav ethe double-action clamps and I'm very happy with the machine. Service before, during and after the sale was very good. I've done 11 (12?I think) string jobs so far in the five months I've had it and all but one turned out very well, and the other one was adequate.

topspin
05-14-2004, 09:58 AM
Stevo, I have a Yonex Isometric frame too, no problems at all stringing it. Just as in tennis, string the crosses from top to bottom. The proace racquets just seem interesting because they promote the fact that they can withstand a lot of tension. I have never seen one though.

mr. stevo
05-14-2004, 10:35 AM
thanks i think i have settled on the ms200tt but i need to save up, and i think the proace thing is just an advertisement... like yonex's 110%... in real life any racket can with stand 29 pounds it's just a matter of how you treat you racket. Like banging it around, racket clashes, and if you are consistently hitting in the sweet spot.

t34418l31
05-16-2004, 06:18 PM
how much do ms200tt's usually go for?

5.0 TopDog
05-16-2004, 07:19 PM
OK...I've finally ordered my ms200tt and right now it's going for $879 for the single action with 80 dollars rebate...I know I'll like this little bad boy......

mr. stevo
05-16-2004, 09:40 PM
5.0 TopDog how do you get a 80 dollar rebate??

5.0 TopDog
05-18-2004, 07:31 AM
The rebate is automatic with your purchase, but you have to use it toward their products. Talk to Tim and he will tell you.