French Ranking -30 = ??? NTRP
French Ranking -15 = ??? NTRP <my best ranking ever>
French Ranking -4/6 = ??? NTRP <my current ranking>
French Ranking -2/6 = ??? NTRP
French Ranking 0 = ??? NTRP

bookem
08-26-2005, 04:09 PM
Spinbalz,

The ITF has been pushing the implementation of the ITN rating to assist people from various countries in assessing/translating their respective ratings. This was mentioned in a previous post (check the Archives) but, since most of the posters here are US-based, there was little or no interest. For people from other countries (perhaps you) and frequent international travelers (me), the ITN may be a tool in arranging matches.

Re: your question...
French Ranking -30 = NTRP 6.5
French Ranking -15 = NTRP 6.5
French Ranking -4/6 = NTRP 6.0
French Ranking -2/6 = NTRP 5.5
French Ranking 0 = NTRP 5.5

If your French ratings are supportable, it would appear that you are at a college Div I or satellite tournament level.

More info can be found on http://www.itftennis.com/itn.

BTW, ratings are skill-level assessments; rankings are your standings within a particular division or age level.

spinbalz
08-26-2005, 04:35 PM
Thank you for your help, and yes my ranking allows me to enter in some satellites qualifying draws, even a direct entry sometimes. I never traveled over the world to play satellites tournaments, but used to play some satellites all over my country a few years ago, only to realize that each points of each match are like a war at that level, and that my performances were not good enough to make the French satellite circuit financially viable for me. And there was no hope for me to consider to reach the next step : I mean becoming a legit ATP top 100 player, my talent/potential was simply not great enough.

So for me it is now much more financially interesting to get paid as a professional tennis instructor/coach and to get also paid to play Interclub team championships <only a few weeks by year>. I enjoy it really much and get a lot of fun from that way of living.