PDA

View Full Version : Volkl V-Engine Tour 10 Midplus

Serve-And-Volley
08-26-2005, 06:20 PM
Hey guys I was looking for a racquet that is a little more comfortable than my Dunlop 200G. I have heard alot of good things about this frame, but I haven't even picked it u and swung it! I have used a Volkl Catapult 10, Head Liquidmetal Instinct and most recent the 200G. Does this racquet feel like them? Any other racquet suggestions would be greatly appricated.

gaberusu
08-26-2005, 07:23 PM
Great racquet! Get a demo from TW to see for yourself.

RKS12
08-26-2005, 08:07 PM
I almost pulled the trigger on this frame. Its definitely worth demo-ing. Its got some pop for a players racket. And you can't be late on this frame so i had trouble hitting an inside-out forehand. For me, i found the Tour9VE to be more controllable power.

samster
08-26-2005, 08:28 PM
If you are a "pure" serve and volleyer, this is probably not the best racket for you. The reason is that it is not a good volley stick (I would say average compared to RDX 500, Prostaff 6.1/6.0), but it is great from every other aspects (serve, groundstrokes, etc.) If you are seriously thinking about it, you should demo it. It might be okay for someone who only occasionally volleys, because this racket produces heavy groundstrokes and can help you win points from the baseline.

RKS12
08-26-2005, 08:45 PM
Agree with Samster. It produces a heavy ball on groundies and is very mediocre on volleys.

NoBadMojo
08-27-2005, 07:28 AM
i think this frame volleys great in all respects (piercing volleys, touch volleys, etc but it is a bit less maneuverable than its swingweight indicates so maybe that is why some dont volley well with it). it does hit a nice heavy ball from the back. it plays more comfortably than the 200g and is alot more forgiving. this frame feels a little like the 200g in that its got some firmness in the throat but is still a flexy frame by todays standards.

El Diablo
08-27-2005, 09:34 AM
I also found the VE MP to volley extremely well, lots of punch, good control. Not always as stable in the backcourt as some of its competitors but a fine and really comfortable stick.