PDA

View Full Version : Need New Racquet

kylekyle
08-26-2005, 06:09 PM
Hi. I am 4.0 to 4.5 male player with good power on my 1st serve and a powerful forward but my backhand can be a weakness. I am currently using a Price Extender lol as I just got back in the game 4 months ago after a long layoff. The damn thing actually still has factory strings but I am playing decently with it.

I tested out the Agassi Radical Oversize racket for 2 sets and thought I liked. Then I was told by my wife's tennis instructore (wife is a beginner) that midsize is better because I already generate enough power. I am 6'2 195 and have been consistently going to the gym for many years.

I took 1 lesson with the guy and he recommends the Wilson n6 or the Head Prestige. Any comments appreciated.

fedfan01
08-26-2005, 06:37 PM
Check out the Learning Center, then click on selecting a racquet at tenniswarehouse.com and read about racquet specifics and decide what types of qualities you would like your racquet to have (i.e. head size, stiffness, length, balance, ect), write them down and go to your local tennis racquet dealer and they should be able to recomend a good racquet based on those specifics.
Hope this helps.

bluegrasser
08-27-2005, 05:58 AM
Just demo a lot of racquets...

jPhobos
08-27-2005, 07:00 AM
Try a Fischer Pro No. One. Its a very hard racquet to not like and seems to do everything well