PDA

View Full Version : RDX 500 mp review ( part two )

bluegrasser
08-27-2005, 04:26 PM
Well I played four sets of doubs and hit with a friend for 1/2 hr, and came out surprised,as the area I thought I'd struggle with the stick I didn't, but there were other problems. I thought my volley was pretty good but not the power of the 03 red , but still pretty solid, and my serve was really coming around after about a set of play. Where I really struggled was my forehand ( best shot ) and return of serve on both sides. I kept mishitting my forehand and couldn't seem to really stick it, my forehand is my really power shot and I couldn't seem to get any pace on the ball. I have it strung with NXT at 58lbs, so maybe there's better string for more pop. I'm open to any and all suggestions.
I will work with the racquet and give it more time, and hopefully I'll come up with the right string/tension combo.

Redflea
08-27-2005, 06:35 PM
While new, the NXT should have plenty of pop at that tension, but I found it dropped off pretty quickly...when I used to string NXT Tour on my RDX Mid, I strung it at 62...when I switched to Tecnifibre X-1 Biphase I dropped to 58. Like the Tecnifibre much better.

swilburn
08-27-2005, 08:18 PM
I had to add some lead tape to the 9, 3 and 6 o'clock positions on the midplus. Just a 1/8 " wide piece at each spot. Gave it just enought weight to punch through the ball better and give it some more weight.

bluegrasser
08-27-2005, 08:27 PM
It's funny, but the 300G mfil that's lighter with more flex had more pop, but had the new Dunlop mifiltour string on unlike the NXT I have in the Yonex. I wonder if a different string would give me more power in this racquet. I really don't want to add lead tape as I'm playing mostly doubles these days..

milo
08-27-2005, 11:29 PM
maybe you should string lower than 58lbs. it will gives you more power.