PDA

View Full Version : New SERVE record( prestige classic xl)

Speedy_tennis
08-27-2005, 03:45 PM
i served a new bomb ace 217 kph(135.62mph) with the prestige classic XL with @ 350 grs lead 3 and 9, 58 lbs conquest!!!!! my new height is 6'1 ;)

Richie Rich
08-27-2005, 03:50 PM
why aren't you on the ATP tour yet? anyone that serves that fast and posts it on the message board to let all know must be REALLY good!

Champion
08-27-2005, 03:50 PM
wow simply amazing.

Speedy_tennis
08-27-2005, 03:57 PM
im not an perfect player, im very irregular, bomber serve, much spin second serve, powerfull forehand, irregular backhand, good slice, good play at net

zAllianceBmx
08-27-2005, 04:12 PM
are you serious? thats aweful. come on now. if you call yours a bomb then i'll call my 763mph serve an annihiliation with its sonic boom. ;)

fishuuuuu
08-27-2005, 04:38 PM
Nice serve!

raftermania
08-27-2005, 05:04 PM
http://artsweb.uwaterloo.ca/~jdu/images/veryfast.jpg

Boys, this is nothing compared to the speed that the PROs are serving at these days

Tenny
08-27-2005, 07:00 PM
http://artsweb.uwaterloo.ca/~jdu/images/veryfast.jpg

Boys, this is nothing compared to the speed that the PROs are serving at these days

A ha ha ha ^^

smittysan89
08-27-2005, 07:50 PM
seriously you must play at a very high level...most pros dont even serve that fast

AndrewD
08-27-2005, 08:10 PM
seriously you must play at a very high level...most pros dont even serve that fast

smitty,
I believe the guy who holds the 'fast-serve' record is just a standard player who couldnt get beyond the second round of his club championship.

Still, its a fair effort. Can I ask how people know what speed they're serving at? Ive never played at any courts that had a radar gun and actually never seen any out here.

Lakoste
08-27-2005, 08:20 PM
smitty,
I believe the guy who holds the 'fast-serve' record is just a standard player who couldnt get beyond the second round of his club championship.

Still, its a fair effort. Can I ask how people know what speed they're serving at? Ive never played at any courts that had a radar gun and actually never seen any out here.

yeah i agree, having a good serve doesnt mean anything, if you just serve it down the line at 135, it wont be as affective as a 125 with good placment

For example, my good friend has a consistent serve of about 130, but he serves it directly to me, so i just have to keep it in play because the rest of his is game isnt as developed

Regarding the radar gun, when i used to compete at tournaments, they had radar guns, thats how i knew my serve speed

smittysan89
08-27-2005, 08:20 PM
i dont know how you could be an average player with a serve like that...look at roddick, his serve propels him to a former #1 ranking

fishuuuuu
08-27-2005, 08:25 PM
Oh shut up. A forehand and serve are not the only strokes you need to get to #1.

Speedy_tennis
08-27-2005, 08:35 PM
im not going to #1, i only hit fast. i have power strokes with excelent technique, but sometimes i have a lot of unforced errors. this is beacause my mentality isn't too much solid, im impatient generaly on courts

shsman2091
08-27-2005, 08:41 PM
Oh shut up. A forehand and serve are not the only strokes you need to get to #1.

Oh relax, they're not the only strokes, but If your hitting serves in the 130s consistently and have a big forehand, all you need is an average to below-average backhand and average volleying skills to make it to the tour. As a matter of fact, I think I just described Roddicks total game (although he has been developing his net game a bit lately.)

tennis4losers
08-27-2005, 08:43 PM
Ignore those guys who are saying a big serve doesnt mea anything. It is the stroke you need to begin a point and if you are serving @ the speed you are saying you did, I wouldnt change a thing. Congrads man. (I only go 115 all out)

fishuuuuu
08-27-2005, 08:59 PM
I'm sorry guys but that "below average" backhand is tour quality. You know what that means don't you?

You are a world-class player.

bamboo
08-27-2005, 09:01 PM
smitty,

That was an April Fool's article in Tennis - Roddick (155mph) is the world record holder, no amateur has ever served over 120 on the Getronics gun - at the bar, of course it's a different story. There are a lot of guys there who can take a Lennox Lewis punch, throw a baseball 100mph and a football 90 yds.

smittysan89
08-27-2005, 09:03 PM
Oh relax, they're not the only strokes, but If your hitting serves in the 130s consistently and have a big forehand, all you need is an average to below-average backhand and average volleying skills to make it to the tour. As a matter of fact, I think I just described Roddicks total game (although he has been developing his net game a bit lately.)

exactly what i meant by my first comment! especially against lower players it must be very very hard for them to even get a return in, its even hard for pro's...he says he has excellent technique and net game so obviously he has something else

shsman2091
08-27-2005, 09:07 PM
I'm sorry guys but that "below average" backhand is tour quality. You know what that means don't you?

I'm sorry, but what the hell are you talking about??? I see your refering to my post, did you friggin read the entire two or three sentences? If you have an awesome serve, faster than 95% of the tour players, and an explosive forehand, yes, you do have the potential to reach tour level. I mean for cryin out loud, look at Roddick's backhand, he slices 90% of them. And although he has been volleying a lot lately, he's been pickin his spots, and he really hasn't been making any tough volleys that players like Dent would absolutely have to make. So if he can make top 5, why can't someone serving in the 130s and hitting explosive forehands make alteast top 150?

Viper
08-27-2005, 09:55 PM
Stop giving the guy a hard time. Hey Speedy give me your name and a picture of your autograph so I can say I knew you from a message board.

glass
08-27-2005, 09:58 PM
Post a clip of you serving brah, otherwise I'm calling ********.