PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions please...

Simbah2004
08-27-2005, 07:06 PM
Guys, maybe you can help me out.
It took me a while to actually notice it, but here's my style:
I run and run and run. Get every ball back, sometimes win points because my opponents don't think I can get to some balls.
I have a great two handed backhand and a decent forehand, which I use to pull opponents off the court and set up my cross court backhand. My offensive and defensive lobs are very good, passing shots are good, my volleys are terrible. I like to stay back and send all balls back with different pace-spins. Counter-puncher, big time. Stamina is no problem, I work out and do a lot of cardio.
I used to play with the pro staff 85, but the racquet is too damn heavy. My shoulder started to bother me too much.
I demoed the n code 90 and loved it(for about 20 minutes). But then I could not move the racquet around in time.
I've been playing with the Pure Drive and like the racquet, but I feel my control has been somehow compromised (and my power has increased).
I'm looking for suggestions, need a more flexible, not-so-heavy, control oriented frame.

dbcontrol
08-27-2005, 07:55 PM
Well, if you enjoyed the Babolat line but are looking for a more control oriented frame, then perhaps the pure control line is the way to go, although it is rather stiff. I purchased one earlier in the week and I love it!! It has controllable power and all my shots have improved notably. Even though it is particularly stiff, I have yet to experience any pain using it, except mild tingling when I do a particularly violent shank. The PC also is quite weighty, coming in between 335 and 345grams give or take a shock absorber and an overgrip.

Simbah2004
08-28-2005, 08:00 AM
I've had a chance to hit with the Pure Control. I liked it, but I'm looking for a more flexible frame (easier on the shoulder) so I can play longer matches. Thanks!
More input would be welcome...