PDA

View Full Version : Diablo Mid vs. Liquidmetal Prestige MP?

TennisWooh
08-27-2005, 10:52 PM
Does anyone have any feedback on the two? I mainly want to know if the Prestige MP is lighter than the Diablo Mid when swinging it. Any other opinions would be very helpful as well. Thanks :)

BLiND
08-28-2005, 02:45 AM
Yes it is a little lighter... more flexy too... its a fairly different racquet you know... different feel from the strings, different stiffness, and weight, etc.

pro1ltd
08-28-2005, 02:42 PM
I owned a Diablo MP for a short period of time. I know, isnt a great help to this thread as it's a talking about the MID version (impossible to find / demo in Europe), which has a totally different feel.

The Diablo MP felt too light for me. I think it would've been over kill with the lead tape. I'm used to a heavier racquet.

On the plus side, it had very good feel, great for groundstrokes especially, fantastic control. With a good string/tension combo, you could put the ball anywhere. It had enough power on reserve to compliment the control that added a bit of oomph when needed.

However, I felt my serve wasn't as heavy with the Diablo MP due to the swing weight. Personally, I also found it more jarring on the arm compared to the more absorbing and arm friendly LM Prestige (my main reason for a new racquet hunt). But the compromise between the 2 is that I could get more bite with the Diablo MP due to its 16x18 stringing pattern taking my opponent out wider than I can with the 18x20 LM Prestige. It's much easier to generate the extra top spin for those cross court whips too.

I have a very fast whippy forehand. I find myself using a lot more wrist to generate the spin I need to keep the ball in play with the LM Prestige MP. The dense stringing pattern is noticable coming from a more open bedded pattern. The Head drives through the ball once you you put it into D. The Diablo allows for that tiny marginal mid flight adjustment.

The Diablo is more manuverable. This is something I greatly appreciated with the 19mm beam compared to the 21mm of the LM P MP. Fractional, but significant to me.

I recently tried the Ncode Six One 95. For a 22mm racquet, it didn't feel as bulky as the LM Prestige MP in mid flight drive. Seemed to be more whippy, which I liked, but had a solid impact which was suprising given its midflight weight. Took a while to get used to.

ANyways , there is something about the 19mm Diablo that makes it very appealing though. I think you just have to try. I know its heavier, but with this in mind, I'd recommend you try to LM Prestige in MID size too, which I didn't, as I found a one off new MP for 40! Size 2 built up to a 5, yeah, first and last time I do that. Balance is totally *ucked as a result. Took me months to fine tune the balance and it's still kinda *ucked haha

Ok, this is too geeky. And I'm still looking for the perfect bat :D

TennisWooh
08-28-2005, 05:43 PM
thanks for the feedback so far. If anyone else has insight on this it would be greatly appreciated.

mistapooh
08-28-2005, 07:23 PM
Diablo felt a little flimsy at the head. I don't know the spec, but it swings MUCH MUCH lighter than the lm prestige. Coincidentally, I used both of them today. I found myself swinging the racket and catching the ball too early at times, because of the faster swing I had. If I had a choice, I would choose a leaded up Diablo any day.

Viper
08-28-2005, 07:54 PM
Lead up the diablo and its great.

TennisWooh
08-28-2005, 08:53 PM
So the Diablo Mid is easier to swing compared to the Liquidmetal Prestige MidPlus? Is that what your saying Mistapooh?

Vamz
08-31-2005, 11:48 AM
I developed severe tennis elbow from using the diablos, both the mids and mid pluses. If this isn't a problem for you, then get the diablo it's a great racquet. Coincidentally, I use the LM Prestige MP. I like my strings tight( poly hybrid @ 70lbs), so I went with a softer racquet.