PDA

View Full Version : Babolat AeroPro Drive

zorg
08-28-2005, 09:23 AM
I was thinking of buying this racket, switching from the nCode 90. The reason is, I like the nCode 90, but, its very demanding and in todays game, it will be hard to keep up with this racket. So, I tried the the AeroPro Drive. I really liked the spin I got on groundies, and serves were pretty good too. The only thing is, the volleys wern't up to par with the nCode 90. Will I be able to volley well with this racket? I have an all court game by the way, so volleys are important for me. But so are ground-strokes, and they ROCK with this racket. I know you can't have everything, thats impossible, but, will a good technique and getting used to this racket be enough to have great volleys?

Baseline Basher
08-28-2005, 09:43 AM
I'm sure it's possible to volley with any racquet. However, the nCode 90 is built more to volley than the AeroPro. If you're game relies more on groundstrokes than vollies, you might want to take a deeper look at the AeroPro. But if you end up at the net on a majority of points, you might be better off with the nCode.

tpduke112
08-28-2005, 10:14 AM
hmmm, I like my AeroPro. Demoed a NCode Tour 105 and a M-Fil 300 along with a few other racquets and decided that my groundstrokes felt best with the AeroPro.

smittysan89
08-28-2005, 10:26 AM
my groundstrokes didnt have enough bite with the APD and it was a little stiff too me...i think i had too low of tension though on the strings so i think with a higher tension it should be pretty good

phat
08-28-2005, 08:26 PM
Aerpro Control might be your answer.

phat
08-28-2005, 08:26 PM
Aeropro Control might be your answer.

zorg
08-28-2005, 08:36 PM
Aeropro Control might be your answer.
Thanks. Thanks. Lol, J/P. I like the double post. The second one is just incase I missed the first :-).

yonx
08-29-2005, 05:42 AM
I was thinking of buying this racket, switching from the nCode 90. The reason is, I like the nCode 90, but, its very demanding and in todays game, it will be hard to keep up with this racket. So, I tried the the AeroPro Drive. I really liked the spin I got on groundies, and serves were pretty good too. The only thing is, the volleys wern't up to par with the nCode 90. Will I be able to volley well with this racket? I have an all court game by the way, so volleys are important for me. But so are ground-strokes, and they ROCK with this racket. I know you can't have everything, thats impossible, but, will a good technique and getting used to this racket be enough to have great volleys?

don't rely too much on the stick. Good volley or not depends on the player as well. :mrgreen:

Galactus
08-29-2005, 06:04 AM
I was thinking the same thing: I use the nCode nSix Tour 90 and just cannot get along with it at all...the solid-mass of it and the muted feel....perhaps it needs re-stringing but I was also looking at the Babolat AeroPro Drive as a total switch.

Mulligan
08-29-2005, 06:59 PM
I had been playing with a LM Prestige MP but borrowed a friend's Aeropro Drive standard for a few hours. I was surprised at the control of this stick. I knew that I would get some decent spin and power, but thought that I would spray many balls, especially given my current dense string pattern, heavier frame. I kinda liked the Aeropro and am planning on giving it another go. Never thought that I would like a Babolat (stiff, powerful, elbow probs?) but this one felt great. I realize that going from a Prestige to an Aeropro is a little drastic, but I really liked this racquet. More topspin, bite on the serve, pop, maneuverability than my current frame. Maybe slightly less control, but the pros outweigh the cons during my first demo. Hmmmmm...interesting