PDA

View Full Version : AEROPRO or PRINCE o3 TOUR

Dirk Diggler
08-28-2005, 11:27 AM
hey guys,

i've been reading and searching in this forum for quite a while now and finally decided to get an account myself.

i am a 4.0 - 4.5 player searching for a new stick.

my game is:
- mostly from the baseline
- aggressive
- double handed backhand
- both, with topspin, with flat shots

i thought you might give me an advice to chose between the aeropro and the o3....

thx in advance

All Court
08-28-2005, 11:35 AM
Service line? You mean baseline?

Do you you break a lot of strings? If you already do, if you use the O3 Tour it's going to get even worse. HUGE string breakage there, lots of slipping around.

But it's great for generating topspin. It also is maneuverable at net.

So if you play doubles or move to the net occasionally, I'd go O3 Tour. If you don't break strings too much go for it as well.

The Aeropro is decent at the baseline, but I didn't like it very much when volleying. If you don't move to the net at all, it's worth a shot.

But then there's the entire feel and whatever else. Each person has different tastes. Why don't you demo both?

Dirk Diggler
08-28-2005, 11:42 AM
sorry for the "service line" ;-) my german is still better....
well, stringbreaking depends on the strings i use. really thin strings last about 4 hours, really thick ones up to 15. i'd love to give both rackets a try but each racket would cost me €7 (about the same in $$$). so if there's a possibility to not paying the fee and just deciding by reading your comments, then i would say yeehhhaaaa ;-)

smittysan89
08-28-2005, 12:49 PM
its worth it to demo them...seriously its all preference

basil J
08-28-2005, 01:33 PM
I string the 03 Tour at 64# with a 16 gauge duraflex or Ashaway synth gut and as long as I use string savers, there is no problem. If I don't use string savers I'll break a string in less than 3 hours play/ w savers up to 10 hours of play, and by that time I want new strings anyways. Once you get dialed into the 03 tour, it is a great racquet. It needs some tweaking between finding the right string set up and some lead tape on the head, once that's done, it is a great players stick. good power, great spin and good control...

Joe12
08-28-2005, 02:45 PM
Take into cosideration that o3 eats string.

Viper
08-28-2005, 03:39 PM
03 Feasts on the string

Nadal_Rulz
08-28-2005, 03:42 PM
If someone has an 03 tour in l3 i wilm buy it!!!!

tpduke112
08-28-2005, 09:15 PM
I have demoed both throughly and you can check my sig to see my choice.

Dirk Diggler
08-29-2005, 02:15 AM
just saw the french opne final again, guess i know what to buy unless the o3 is really of the chain

yonx
08-29-2005, 06:33 AM
prefer Aeropro. It looks more macho than O3. So for guys, go for the aeropro.
I have one, love it. Not because Nadal has it. The racquet itself looks tough and muscular! :mrgreen: .
Apart from skills, i think the Aesthetic is also important in the court :D

The O3 with all the holes on it, make it looks sissy, weak, slim.....blah, blah, blah

gimmig1966
08-29-2005, 08:01 AM
prefer Aeropro. It looks more macho than O3. So for guys, go for the aeropro.
I have one, love it. Not because Nadal has it. The racquet itself looks tough and muscular! :mrgreen: .
Apart from skills, i think the Aesthetic is also important in the court :D

The O3 with all the holes on it, make it looks sissy, weak, slim.....blah, blah, blah

I couldn't agree more. Any male who uses the o3 must have serious issues. They must be gay or like to dress in women's undergarments or worse... I know when I first laid eyes on the o3 tour my jigglies started to tremble—from fear of emasculation. Let's hope for Prince to wise up and put a disclaimer on it.

basil J
08-29-2005, 09:46 AM
I think you boys have some serious issues that go way beyond holes in a racquet....

Skppr05
08-29-2005, 11:31 AM
If your looking for more spin than the Aeropro is your stick. If you want more control and a flatter hit than go for the O3. I felt that the O3 had a far more dampened feel and the power was insuffocient. I didn't really enjoy hitting with it, but then again to each his own.....

Shyyre
08-29-2005, 12:03 PM
I couldn't agree more. Any male who uses the o3 must have serious issues. They must be gay or like to dress in women's undergarments or worse... I know when I first laid eyes on the o3 tour my jigglies started to tremble—from fear of emasculation. Let's hope for Prince to wise up and put a disclaimer on it.

methinks thou dost protest too much! lol, just kidding ;) ... wait, don't take that wink as anything more than a wink... oh crap :(

kreative
08-29-2005, 12:58 PM
if you hit w/ a western grip, i would go for aeropro (which i assume you mean aeropro drive), if semi-western or eastern i'd go O3 Tour. both are really worth a demo. you'll get more spin w/ the aeropro, but the O3 also offers good comfort and control.

Dirk Diggler
08-30-2005, 12:17 PM
alright, i demoed both. personally i found the o3 to produce more spin. but besides that, the 03 really sucked. i couldn#t play with the o3 at all. felt way too light, absolutely no power! the aeropro was insane! heavier, good power. the only thing i didn't like was the comfort and touch of the aeropro. i was not able to produce an acceptable stop in 2 sets.

i'll go with the aeropro drive, just ordered 2 of 'em in my german trusted tennis shop of choice :)

thx a lot for your comments, u guys helped me a lot
(especially the macho comment, lol)

TheSneakerologist
08-30-2005, 04:55 PM

A racket doesnt determine your sexual orientation. I feel no need to diss you since you're probably just a little reject who knows nothing about tennis. As for the OG post the Aeropro is super stiff and the O3 tour is pretty flexible, but like that guy said you should demo both of em. Besides the only reason people use the Aeropro drive is because nadal uses it.

gimmig1966
09-01-2005, 07:12 AM
A racket doesnt determine your sexual orientation. I feel no need to diss you since you're probably just a little reject who knows nothing about tennis. As for the OG post the Aeropro is super stiff and the O3 tour is pretty flexible, but like that guy said you should demo both of em. Besides the only reason people use the Aeropro drive is because nadal uses it.

LOL..nicely done. This "reject" was spoofing the post before my own.

I happen to use the o3 and think it's pretty swell.

I'll have to be more obvious next time.

Cheers mate

djones
09-01-2005, 07:58 AM
I would for sure go for the 03 Tour.
The 03 Tour is a nice slim racquet with great touch/feel, spin and control.
It might be a little fragile looking racquet, but to me it looks a whole lot better than this clumsy Aeropro racquet.
Also because of it's thin beamwidth, the headsize doesn't feel as big as it is.
You should demo both, string 'm both up with a fresh string and see for yourself.

tpduke112
09-01-2005, 09:47 AM
Not true. I didnt even know Nadal used a AeroPro when I bought one.

yonx
09-02-2005, 04:09 AM
Not true. I didnt even know Nadal used a AeroPro when I bought one.

ya, right.

Sneaker, DON'T jump into conclusion! You are forming yr own opinion too! by saying all who use APD just because Nadal uses it. What difference from one forming his opinion that APD looks more macho than O3tour?

tpduke112
09-02-2005, 06:39 AM
ya, right.

Sneaker, DON'T jump into conclusion! You are forming yr own opinion too! by saying all who use APD just because Nadal uses it. What difference from one forming his opinion that APD looks more macho than O3tour?
Sure, because you were there. Seriously, I demoed about 6 racquets and like the APD the best.