PDA

View Full Version : flexpoint radical mp or tour

molybdenum
08-28-2005, 03:20 PM
If i am a 3.0 player would flexpoint radical mp or flexpoint radical tour be better for me? Your opinion is much appreciated. Thankyou.

mary fierce
08-28-2005, 04:06 PM
Just ask yourself "do I feel more comfortable with an 11 ounce racquet or a 12 ounce racquet." If you've played a bit, I'd think you'd know the answer to that question.

GRANITECHIEF
08-29-2005, 09:25 AM
I tried the tour and really thought it would be a good improvement over the MP. At first it felt pretty good, but after a while i noticed fatigue from the extra weight. I found i didn't get quite as much racket head speed and because of that, the extra weight didn't end up giving me extra power. I ended up going with the FXP MP and it is awesome.

TN1
09-13-2005, 11:17 PM
I just got done demoing these racquets. The flexpoint tour in my opinion was erratic. The string bed was wayy too lively for me and never got a feel of how hard I need to hit the ball to get the response I needed. Sometimes it would fly off the bed and other times it would come out with moderate pace. I didn't notice too much of difference in spin. Also, I didn't have trouble with the wieght and it didn't cause me to have any shoulder/arm problems, but my current racquet is a 12.8 ounce Pro Tour 280 OS. Maybe that's why I didn't like it either. I guess I like the dense string bed and semi-board feel...well, I like the buttery feel more but none of these racquets will give you that. I am sure some people got a consistent response from this racquet but I couldn't. Also I didn't like the weighting of the Tour. It felt like to me that the frame was still incredible light and Head just chucked a 1 oz of extra weight in the handle. That's why the swingweight for this thing is soo low.

The Radical MP though was nice. It definitely needs some lead tape though. It has a tendency to twist on non direct hits. Much more predictable though. Still not my cup of tea. Way too light. I am afraid to lead it up because even though Head says that 2/3" HL it doesn't feel that way. It feels more like what TW lists it at.