PDA

View Full Version : Babolat AeroPro Drive vs. AeroPro Control

zorg
08-28-2005, 08:58 PM
What are the differences between these rackets. Does the Control have less spin than the Drive? Also, is the Control noticebly better for volleys? I am an all court player, and volleys are just as important as ground-strokes. I tried the Drive and loved it on everything but volleys. If the Control is just a bit less power, and better on volleys, and nothing else changed, I think it might be my Holy Grail racket.

phat
08-29-2005, 06:01 PM
APC is the best off the shelf Babolat racquet. Period.

tpduke112
08-29-2005, 06:19 PM
APD>APC in my biased opinion.

kerplunker
08-29-2005, 08:19 PM
its all player preference

Nyl
08-29-2005, 09:11 PM
i think aeropro control plays more like a traditional racquet while aeropro drive feels a bit more like a 300+horse power japanese car..... whether u get it or not....

tennis4losers
08-29-2005, 09:21 PM
the aero feels weird when you swing it. I dont know how to explain it though.

SC in MA
08-30-2005, 05:18 AM
What are the differences between these rackets. Does the Control have less spin than the Drive? Also, is the Control noticebly better for volleys? I am an all court player, and volleys are just as important as ground-strokes. I tried the Drive and loved it on everything but volleys. If the Control is just a bit less power, and better on volleys, and nothing else changed, I think it might be my Holy Grail racket.I have both. The Control has a more solid feel to it. However its heavier and is noticeably less manueverable, which is why I prefer the Drive. I have no problem volleying with the Drive.

What sort of volley problem do you have with the Drive? Could it be related to your string setup ?

TheSneakerologist
08-30-2005, 10:31 AM
Ok the BASIC difference is.......The Drive is a tweener and the Control is a players racket. The control is also a more headlight racket resulting in better maneuverability at the net.

Rafa Nadal
08-30-2005, 10:36 AM
I like the Aeropro Drive (my current racquet)
The best i ever played.
For a few weeks i picked up the Aeropro Control, horrible!
Felt to heavy, and is hard to swing after 10 minutes because of the weight.