PDA

View Full Version : What is the obsession with Flexpoint about?

rich s
08-29-2005, 09:58 AM
Sorry to rant! But what is the obsession with Flexpoint ?

I am a big HEAD racquet fan when it comes to their players frames (and that includes the Radical) but Flexpoint technology has got to be the dumbest thing I've seen on a tennis racquet and the obsession with it on the board is crazy.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

Flame away! :)

OnyxZ28
08-29-2005, 10:01 AM
I tried the FP Rad MP, doesn't hold a candle to the previous generations (Trisys, both TT, Ti.)

156MPHserve
08-29-2005, 10:03 AM
I hate how you guys criticise without even TRYING the racquet. DID YOU TRY THE RACQUET? How is it a dumb idea if you don't know how it plays? In fact most people who have tried the Flexpoint Radical Tour and are able to handle the extra weight LOVE it. Generally pro players don't change racquets but JCF is using this technology. He could've gotten just a paintjob like everyone else but something's gotta be working for him no? You've CLEARLY not tried this racquet before, so you have no right to say it's "dumb".

OnyxZ28
08-29-2005, 10:13 AM
I tried the FP Rad MP, doesn't hold a candle to the previous generations (Trisys, both TT, Ti.)

Calm down.

ohcaptain
08-29-2005, 12:03 PM
i tried the FP Radical.
it did not convice me, not even close.
nCode six-one is way above.

now, i'll try FP Instinct.
Want to compare it to nCode nTour and nPro. Probably will buy which of this convince me.

finchy
08-29-2005, 12:24 PM
I hate how you guys criticise without even TRYING the racquet. DID YOU TRY THE RACQUET? How is it a dumb idea if you don't know how it plays? In fact most people who have tried the Flexpoint Radical Tour and are able to handle the extra weight LOVE it. Generally pro players don't change racquets but JCF is using this technology. He could've gotten just a paintjob like everyone else but something's gotta be working for him no? You've CLEARLY not tried this racquet before, so you have no right to say it's "dumb".

you might not want to let your anger off on the boards. it just shows how immature you are. btw, i bet JCF is using a paintjob. just about all pros using fp junk are using paintjobs.

bamboo
08-29-2005, 02:54 PM
you might not want to let your anger off on the boards. it just shows how immature you are. btw, i bet JCF is using a paintjob. just about all pros using fp junk are using paintjobs.
Whatever generation of Head he's using under the cosmetics (long 630, liquid metal) it plays radically (pun intended) different from POG LB. So, he might just as well be in for a pound as a penny and use the real thing. BTW, no Wilson pro uses the ridiculous ncode technology under the paint and I don't see much harping over those dead-feeling, sluggish frames.

Vamz
08-31-2005, 11:42 AM
Well there is a little, but nearly the same amout as O3, FP, LM... Wonder why that is? :confused:

Guillote
08-31-2005, 01:34 PM

I've tried the Flexpoint Radical MP and liked it. But that's not the issue.

I think some people, me included, are a bit frustrated because of the feeling that Head's Flexpoint technology is just a LIE. I was a Head fan, I still have my i.Rads, but I won't buy any more Head racquets, simply because I don't trust them any more. I think I made my point :P

man-walking
08-31-2005, 01:57 PM
I think that in any racquet every particular that creates multiple flex points (around the main longitudinal one) or delimited hot spots or say any inconsistency brings too drawbacks on feel deparment...

For example there are many people that doesn't like those with double bridge, those without flat beam, or with non-standard hoops or just the new flexpoints (maybe).

Deuce
08-31-2005, 10:50 PM
I can see it now...

Picture it for yourselves...

Five years ago... Head marketeers hard at work, trying to come up with a gimmick to succeed the LiquidMetal gimmick...

V.P. of Marketing: "Geez - we're running out of ideas. Between ourselves and the other companies, we've come up with just about every gimmick that is even moderately believable by the ignorant majority... all that's left is to drill holes in the damn frames!"

Collective laughter in the room .... Ha ha ha ha...

Then, a lone voice in the corner of the room is heard thinking aloud... "Hey... wait a minute... holes in the frame, huh? Hmmm... Now that would be the ultimate challenge - to sell that idea to the consumers. Surely they can't be that stupid..."

"Then again, history shows..."

Bora
09-01-2005, 11:47 AM
I tried the Flexpoint Radical MP, its an improvement over the LM Radical MP but just because the MP LM Radical was such a horrible racquet. I didn't care much for the FP Radical MP, infact when I picked up my LM Prestige MP afterwards I was thinking how much better a racquet the Prestige was.

Honestly, I can't see myself buying a racquet called Flexpoint. Or Magnetic for that matter, eventhough I really like the specs of the new Pro One 105.

iLuveKetchup
09-04-2005, 04:28 AM
How does the FP Radical Tour compare to the old Radical 98 twin tube MP? I use the Radical 98 TT since it came out & I would like to find a replacement for it.