PDA

View Full Version : My o3 Tour Days Have Ended ...

Colpo
08-29-2005, 12:01 PM
... now that I've gone back to a heavier, less-cushioned racquet (Yonex RD-7, Volkl C series). I was never crazy about the amount of weight-customizing I had to do to make my 03's acceptable to me (multiple lead tape strips at 3, 6 and 9). My biggest dissatisfaction over time was the soft, over-cushioned feel. Reminded me alot of a brief foray I had with the Bab Pure Drive back in '01, when they were first introduced here in the US. I tried four different strings in the o3, at different tensions, to get a bit more stiffness and feel to come through the frame to my hand, but even at higher tensions, it was sponge soup mush! I did love the ultra-thin profile, and the O-Ports and black / orange colorway look boss and all, but the feel proved too mushy over 2+ months of exclusivity.

basil J
08-29-2005, 02:24 PM
I switched out the rubber grommets at the throat with the plastic ones and it really brought a lot of feel back to the racquet. I also went with a leass springy string ( ashaway synt gut) and the racquet plays with a lot more feel, but to each his own, good luck with the yonex, a fine stick in it's own right...