PDA

View Full Version : Japanese tennis rackets?

andreroddick155
08-29-2005, 12:00 PM
Ive been searching many tennis rackets, and saw many different ones on a japanese tennis site. for instace there is this racket call x ariso : http://w w w.rak u te n.co.jp/eddy/412927/177011/313852/ ( take spaces out)
this racket was never on the head website.

kerplunker
08-29-2005, 12:50 PM
haha, and they have a liquidmetal discovery

princeoftennis
08-29-2005, 06:55 PM
i like the paint

harahetta
08-30-2005, 12:54 AM
Both the ariso and discovery ARE on the Japanese Head Website. http://www.head-jp.com/tennis/tennis_top.html
Both rackets are light and cater to those just starting out in tennis.
You do know that racket companies introduce rackets at different times in different countries, sometimes under different names, right??
As an intro, I am Japanese living in Japan and have been visiting this site for about a week as I research rackets for my son. Many head rackets out in the Usa are not available in Japan, and viseversa.

dancraig
08-30-2005, 01:01 AM
Hello harahetta : WELCOME ABOARD.

harahetta
08-30-2005, 01:28 AM
Thank you Dancraig. The reason this post interested me is because my son really wants a Head Flexpoint 4, which is officially not out in Japan yet, though a few places offer it for ridiculous low prices. I know sometimes they import from
the Us or Europe, but it makes me nervous because we can not demo it. Maybe it is fake, I cannot tell. Interestingly, in a recent article in Japan tennis Magazine, the most favorite Tennis racket among students at a top rated in tennis High school is Mizuno rackets. Do you even have Mizuno in other countries?

dancraig
08-30-2005, 01:44 AM
Thank you Dancraig. The reason this post interested me is because my son really wants a Head Flexpoint 4, which is officially not out in Japan yet, though a few places offer it for ridiculous low prices. I know sometimes they import from
the Us or Europe, but it makes me nervous because we can not demo it. Maybe it is fake, I cannot tell. Interestingly, in a recent article in Japan tennis Magazine, the most favorite Tennis racket among students at a top rated in tennis High school is Mizuno rackets. Do you even have Mizuno in other countries?

I've seen the Mizuno name, but I'm not sure if I've seen it in tennis. I think they have popular running shoes here.

bookem
08-30-2005, 01:57 AM
The Mizuno racquets are available in the US but in more esoteric or specialty tennis shops.

For that matter, even Yonex racquets are hard to find in most brick-and-mortar retail shops.

Irashaimase harahetta-san!

harahetta
08-30-2005, 03:10 AM
I feel so welcome...
Mizuno rackets are not bad, but beware of their tennis shoes. My feet are still recovering from a pair I bought 3 monthes ago and gave up on in one month. I am back to Yonex now. I can not imagine a pro shop without racks and racks of Yonex goods. Some local shops focus on Babolat or Wilson, etc..., but even then it seems as if they have more Yonex than anything else.

gash-b
08-30-2005, 04:51 AM
Hi hara hetta~. I like the name your login name!

By the way, I am here in Japan too. Like you mentioned, Yonex is really the one most common brand of rackets here used by a range of people from children to more serious players. I like the feel of the rackets but I will never purchase one...

It seems that most of the high school and university students around Tokyo that I see on the trains carry either Babolat or Yonex rackets these days. Wilson seems to be doing well with the recent n-code stuff. On the way back from Osaka the other day, I went to the Mizuno store near Yodayabashi and took a look at the tennis equipment. They have a nice lineup of rackets, and everybody likes Matsuoka who promotes them, but just like Yonex rackets, the prices on even domestic brands are quite high. When Lendl stopped playing, Mizuno seemed to focus only on the local market.

It's also interesting that Dunlop introduces a lot of racket lineups and clothing/shoes just for Japan, which is similar to Dunlop's golf equipment. However, I don't think that a lot of the Japanese models would sell well overseas due to high pricing and a lack of differentiation between other rackets.

milo
08-30-2005, 09:31 AM
my friend has an old mizuno racket. it is even not available anymore in here. yonex racquets is starting to fade out also.