PDA

View Full Version : Gonna Demo Some Racquets-Advize Me

smittysan89
08-29-2005, 05:49 PM
Hello I have just decided to suffice and pay for some demo's from TW along with some super grap and a bandana. All in all its gonna be like 42$ shipped.

Right now in my cart:

LM Prestige Mid
Volkl tour 10 VE
Technifibre tfight 325
Yonex RDX 500 mid

I am a big hitter and play from the baseline and rush the net. I am 6'4 205 lbs now so i provide my own power. Weight really isnt an issue, I am probably around 3.0-3.5

I have a sort of roddick/lopez/safin fh if it had to be described and a safin bh i often have the leg lift. More of an open stanced hitter, with a more loopy swing, not flat with a decent amount of topspin.

Any other better suggestions for racquets to demo? Any Comments are appreciated thanks! I need to know pretty soon though.

smittysan89
08-29-2005, 07:02 PM
you think that the rdx 500 MP will be better since I am a baseline hard hitter?

AndrewD
08-29-2005, 08:08 PM
It just depends on what you want from your racquet. Do you want a firm response (stiff) or a softer one (flexible)? Have a look at the TW reviews and you might get a slightly better idea of those racquets but, otherwise, you've picked some mostly flexible frames. All of them are quite good so it really depends on how you like the feel of each.

Just one thing to keep in mind. It doesn't matter whether you're a hard or soft hitter, the key thing is how consistant you are. If you lack consistancy (which is something shared in different degrees by most everyone from 2.5-4.5) then it would be wise to choose a racquet that helps in that department. Be honest and work out why it is you lack consistancy. If its because of mis-hits then put the midsize away and go for a midplus. The RDXmp is a low powered frame that might be nice to try in conjunction with the mid.

smittysan89
08-29-2005, 08:43 PM
yeah i decided to take out the volkl and demo both the mid and the MP. yes obviously i wanted a flexier racquet that doesnt have too much power.

Redflea
08-29-2005, 08:47 PM
Volkl Tour 10 Gen II would fit the flexy, low power, and at 98 is on the larger side.

Maybe trade that for the Prestige or RDX Mid.

What do you hit with now? Are you used to a smaller head racquet, and are you consistent with it?

armand
08-29-2005, 09:07 PM
Just for reference, I'm a pretty big 'swinger' myself but I hate racquets with dense string patterns. Dense patterns do have low power but they negate soft feel. Never again

Marius_Hancu
08-29-2005, 09:10 PM
yeah i decided to take out the volkl and demo both the mid and the MP. yes obviously i wanted a flexier racquet that doesnt have too much power.

yes, I wanted to suggest the Volkl 10 V-E MP.
let's see how you will respond to it and it to you:-)

smittysan89
08-29-2005, 09:11 PM
from what I have read the volkl just doesnt fit my style of game bruising from the baseline and net rush, i think the prestige might fit my really really well or really bad. I think it will be hit or miss, which is sorta what i want from it.

AndrewD
08-30-2005, 12:11 AM
Why do you want the racquet to be either 'hit or miss'?

smittysan89
08-30-2005, 03:52 PM
so i will like it alot or not at all, that way will know...idk

today at practice I noticed that I have more of a close racquet facewhen i swing sort of how moya/lopez swing it...does that change anything?