PDA

View Full Version : Dampener doesnt feel so good

Roger_federer
08-29-2005, 07:46 PM
Hello guys, I have recently purchased a N six-one 95. It has a Dampener on but when I play with it, it feels too muted but if i take it off, its vibrates too much. Could you list a number of solutions for this? I know some guys who put on rubber bands. Does that work?

Lakoste
08-29-2005, 07:51 PM
rubberbands are good, do a search on them and youll find a step by step guide on how to do it if you dont

the sampras O is good too

BUT the best advice i can give you is to change your name, unless you really are roger, then may i say, you are the greatest thing since toothpaste

supersmash
08-29-2005, 07:54 PM
Yeah, rubberbands work. I use one myself.

azak
08-29-2005, 07:56 PM
Rubberbands gave me the same results than dampeners...

Maybe im doing something wrong..

smittysan89
08-29-2005, 08:09 PM
Rubberbands gave me the same results than dampeners...

Maybe im doing something wrong..

thats what they are meant to do...

Young Pete
08-29-2005, 08:35 PM
Hello guys, I have recently purchased a N six-one 95. It has a Dampener on but when I play with it, it feels too muted but if i take it off, its vibrates too much. Could you list a number of solutions for this? I know some guys who put on rubber bands. Does that work?

you can try to "wear" out the dampener by maybe storing it under water for a few days.....just a thought b/c i have an old winn o ring dampener that is pretty beat up, but still it is the best dampener for my ps 85. the new ones from home depot (o ring) are the same size, dampen way too much. i guess different dampener strengths are required for different racquet/string setups.

also, i don't like the pete sampras unique 0 dampener.

try to find dampeners that do not dampen all that much, and dampen just the right amount.

my .02 cents.

127mph
08-29-2005, 08:42 PM
real men play with just the strings, you should know that federer

kerplunker
08-29-2005, 08:46 PM
what about leather pads dont they dampen?