PDA

View Full Version : Fischer Pro No1 FT or regular?

drummerboy
08-30-2005, 04:53 AM
Hi

I am really considering to try out the new Fischer Pro n1 because I heard a lot of great things about it. Which one is better FT or the regular version? Anyone who is playing with any of this stich please share youe experiences. I am also considering various weights. Here in Europe we have Fischer Pro n1 in 3 weights: 285 g, 320g and 330 g (g-grams). I think that the 320 version would be a bomb and better for me because I am playing recreational level, but I am also used to heavier rackets like POG or Wilson N-Code. Is someone playing with 320 g version. We also have 325g version of Pro NO1 FT and I think that one would also be a bomb. So if anyone has any feedback on those sticks, please share.

Thanks.

Guga_x
08-30-2005, 01:21 PM
I have played with all the regular pro 1 versions and the ft 325g.

The ft is a lot different from the regular one, since it is 1 cm longer and the ft system gives it a unique feel that yuo either like or not (I personally don't).

The regular pro one is a very well balanced all-court racquet. I found the 330 to be the one that felt better, extremely solid, well balanced, with a good amount of 'feel'. The 320 is similar, easier to maneuver but not as solid.

Depending on your fitness level and your ability to swing fast the 285 might be a good choice, altough it has nothing to do with the other two.

Marius_Hancu
08-30-2005, 01:43 PM
they have new models just introduced at Cincy:

http://www.fischer-ski.com/en/tennis/

RKS12
08-31-2005, 08:15 AM
I love my PN1s but have to change due to GE. I play with the USA versions which are 11.3 oz unstrung. I believe there is a heavier European version which would be interesting. I've never hit with the PN1 FT but i can tell you it is a lot lighter in weight, under 11 oz i think.

louis netman
08-31-2005, 09:27 AM
I have the 320 with 12g of lead on the hoop and the older red/silver 330 g one, both with Fairways. Both very sweet and very "feely" rackets. The Red/silver is stiffer and has ceramic in the layup. The newer 320 g is extremely seems more arm friendly and both work quite well in the lower tension range. Although the BH slice is not as natural for these frames as others out there (possibly due to the tapered beam), they are great all-around performers. Consider that the 320's margin for customization allows one to alter the sweet spot position/balance a bit...

drummerboy
08-31-2005, 12:00 PM
Ok thanx for the info guys. I think I will demo 330 g and 320 g regular Preo n1 and see which one suits me better. Just one thing. I read quite a lot of posts where some players mention elbow problems with Pro No1 which seems very strange regarding the stick's stiffnes rating (61). How arm friendly is this stick?

RKS12
08-31-2005, 12:30 PM
Although I developed GE with this frame, I would say its in the middle range for arm friendly. My situation may be unique as I had a torn rotator cuff (since repaired) and may have been compensating on the elbow. And i was stringing at 63 lbs, albeit with a high quality string. I would recommend you try it, most people will not have elbow pain with this frame.

Colpo
09-01-2005, 01:44 PM
The FT is very different from the original. The FT features an overdampened feel that makes it difficult to feel the ball's location on the stringbed, negatively affecting ball control. Too dampened for my taste. The regular Pro One is a stalwart design that's now over 13 years old. More vibration than the FT, but also better feel and responsiveness. I prefer the original to the FT in all respects.

TheRed
09-01-2005, 04:14 PM
drummerboy,

I'd say the Pro 1 is pretty arm friendly. I used to use the iprestige mid and always felt a little tightness in my elbow. When I switched over to the pro #1 (sponsorship), I lost that soreness. It's a fairly flexible racquet and the 98 sq in gives you good margin for error.

finesse15
09-01-2005, 04:54 PM
This is a great racquet - in fact I am in the process in ordering some because I demoed them last week and knew it was the racquet for me.

However - if you are playing at a 'recreational level' this might not be the stick for you, because despite a lower weight than conventional player's racquets, you still need to swing hard to get some good pace on the ball. Yet I don't know anything about your game so I can't really tell you if the racquet is for you, or not for you, so demo it and see if you like it.

Vince
09-01-2005, 08:08 PM
sorry for barging in on this topic but the main distinction between the 330g and the 320g Fischer Pro No.1 is the paintjob? The 330g is the Red and Black with a litle bit for silver/white and the 320 is the full red/black one?

TheRed
09-01-2005, 08:13 PM
the main difference is...10 grams.

RKS12
09-02-2005, 02:21 AM
Vince, no. The 2003 and 2004 USA versions have slightly different paint jobs but both are 11.3 oz un strung. There is a European version which is heavier at 330 g.