PDA

View Full Version : Old Head Trysis Radical (bumble bee color) Made in Austria or China?

POGO
08-30-2005, 07:42 AM
A friend of mine has a head trysis Head Radical OS and to my surprise, it was stated made in china on the buttcap. I've always thought the early Radicals were made in Austria. The 97, 98 and the Ti Radicals were all made in Austria and I thought Radicals after the Ti were made in China.

As I recall, the trysis radicals were made available again about a year or two years ago for a short time. Were those tyrsis Radicals made in China and the early ones made in Austria?

TheRed
08-30-2005, 08:00 AM
The early ones were made in Austria. The last incarnations, released about 5 years ago were made in china.

POGO
08-30-2005, 08:04 AM
The early ones were made in Austria. The last incarnations, released about 5 years ago were made in china.
Thanks for clarifying that. Do you know if the Austrian and Chinees made played similar?

Dildor
08-30-2005, 01:51 PM
Thanks for clarifying that. Do you know if the Austrian and Chinees made played similar?

No. The austrian version was a sweet stick! Better feel and more stability compared to the Chinese version, which felt flimsy in comparsion. Same thing goes for the Austrian Pro Tour 280 vs. the Chinese 280.

POGO
08-30-2005, 02:34 PM
No. The austrian version was a sweet stick! Better feel and more stability compared to the Chinese version, which felt flimsy in comparsion. Same thing goes for the Austrian Pro Tour 280 vs. the Chinese 280.
So will it be fair to say, that last good Radical made was the Ti Radical since it was the last radical made in Austria?

Dildor
08-30-2005, 03:11 PM
So will it be fair to say, that last good Radical made was the Ti Radical since it was the last radical made in Austria?

Some people might say that. I didn't care for the Ti Radical all that much, because it was too light. I haven't played with the '97 and '98 versions either, but there seems to be alot of people on this board who swear by the '98 though.