PDA

View Full Version : BBC Wimbledon 2013 Coverage to be...

Hood_Man
06-10-2013, 10:29 AM
Awesome 8)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/22844002

Wimbledon 2013: BBC ups digital coverage as Navratilova joins

Wimbledon 2013 will be the BBC's biggest ever on digital with a record 10 live streams available on computer, tablet, mobile and connected TV.

There will be comprehensive coverage and analysis not only on television, radio and computer, but also tablet, mobile and connected TV.

BBC One, BBC One HD, BBC Two and BBC Two HD will have more live coverage.

New faces include nine-time champion Martina Navratilova on TV and 2001 champion Goran Ivanisevic on radio.

:D

6-1 6-3 6-0
06-10-2013, 10:31 AM
Goran Ivanisevic, the homophobe, on radio? What a great advertisement for Wimbledon :lol:

rainingaces
06-10-2013, 10:34 AM
Navratilova is going to make a lot of people unhappy with her commentary, she isn't the best.

Cosmic_Colin
06-10-2013, 10:53 AM
10 streams is good. I take the fortnight off work and hate missing players I like in early rounds, because they're on outer courts.

thejoe
06-10-2013, 10:54 AM
I'm sure the coverage will be as dire as ever if they've got Inverdale fronting the likes of Castle, Lloyd and Rusedski.

-RF-
06-10-2013, 10:55 AM
Looking good :)
Were streams available on the OS/BBC last year?

rainingaces
06-10-2013, 12:45 PM
I'm sure the coverage will be as dire as ever if they've got Inverdale fronting the likes of Castle, Lloyd and Rusedski.

At least they are not as unknowledgable or hyperbolic as some of there American alternatives.

Nathaniel_Near
06-10-2013, 12:53 PM
Awesome 8)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/22844002

:D

I expect nothing less for the best tennis event in the world, The Championships, the big one, Wimbledon.

It's incredible just how special and prestigious this tournament is. Who will win the heavyweight championships of the world this year? Will Roger Federer defend his title? Will Rafael Nadal destroy all-comers? Will Novak Djokovic shock the world by winning a second Wimbledon title, will Andy Murray make Wales proud, or will an outsider claim the most important tennis tournament for the first time since maybe 2001.

Ladies and Gentlemen; Wimbledon, the most important sporting event in the world. Game on mother lovers.

SempreSami
06-10-2013, 02:13 PM
I expect nothing less for the best tennis event in the world, The Championships, the big one, Wimbledon.

It's incredible just how special and prestigious this tournament is. Who will win the heavyweight championships of the world this year? Will Roger Federer defend his title? Will Rafael Nadal destroy all-comers? Will Novak Djokovic shock the world by winning a second Wimbledon title, will Andy Murray make Wales proud, or will an outsider claim the most important tennis tournament for the first time since maybe 2001.

Ladies and Gentlemen; Wimbledon, the most important sporting event in the world. Game on mother lovers.

Post of the year.

Sorana fan
06-10-2013, 04:07 PM
Navratilova is going to make a lot of people unhappy with her commentary, she isn't the best.

I dont like her :(

Rock Strongo
06-10-2013, 05:09 PM

Wales... :lol:

Narcissist
06-11-2013, 05:05 AM
At least they are not as unknowledgable or hyperbolic as some of there American alternatives.

This is very true. Small blessings. Davenport is one of the few I can stand.

FederErizeD
06-15-2013, 01:08 AM

TOTALLY agree. Besides, her constant stupid disrespectful speech towards Fed is more than obvious and this will get the fans of the people's champion mad at her, consequently at BBC :)

The_Order
06-15-2013, 02:22 AM
TOTALLY agree. Besides, her constant stupid disrespectful speech towards Fed is more than obvious and this will get the fans of the people's champion mad at her, consequently at BBC :)

Never heard her commentate. What are some of the things she says that are bad about Fed, Nadal and Novak?

axel89
06-15-2013, 03:40 AM

wow because she doesn't worship federer as a god she's not a good commentator get out

beast of mallorca
06-15-2013, 03:46 AM

Are you freaking kidding me ? She praises Federer as much as every other commentator does. Just because she does not think of him as god, just like you do.............Geeeez, saying what Fed did wrong on a particular shot does not make it disrespectful, fyi....................:???:

m2nk2
06-15-2013, 03:48 AM
It's a shame they don't stream it in HD though, like they did on one court of few years ago. Should've been the standard now.

Overdrive
06-15-2013, 01:21 PM
Wimbledon will be streamed on the BBC Channel?

FederErizeD
06-16-2013, 09:24 AM
Never heard her commentate. What are some of the things she says that are bad about Fed, Nadal and Novak?

wow because she doesn't worship federer as a god she's not a good commentator get out

Are you freaking kidding me ? She praises Federer as much as every other commentator does. Just because she does not think of him as god, just like you do.............Geeeez, saying what Fed did wrong on a particular shot does not make it disrespectful, fyi....................:???:

Back on 2011, she said that Federer was on the other side of the float and he might not win any other slam, and he won't ever reclaim the 1st seed ever again besides of course making all the success in the world Nadal's and Novak's .

The good thing though is that Federer replied properly to her: "Maybe she missed the London World Tour Finals," he said. "Maybe she was somewhere else climbing Kilimanjaro." :D