PDA

View Full Version : How can Guga still not have a clothing contract??

bfonz7
02-25-2004, 12:07 PM
I know the guy doesnt care too much for the money, he plays cause he loves the game.

Im not sure why he split with Diadora, and then Olympikus in sucesssive years.

This guy is a bonafide top 15 player, somebody should be slapping their brand all over this guy!

gustavo33
02-25-2004, 12:21 PM
i just saw an interview with his manager who said they´re close to sign with an european brand....and he wants a long deal... that means that his next sponsor will be his last

El Diablo
02-25-2004, 01:23 PM
Are you concerned he may have to play naked?? Are you concerned you and he might not be wearing the same thing?

PureCarlosMoyaDrive
02-25-2004, 07:41 PM
I say Nike. How sick would Guga look with the flowing hair, the nike bandana headband, and some awesome Nike polos with flashy colors. Not to mention his already current Breathes. That would be awesome.

Hawaii 5.0
02-26-2004, 06:53 AM
PCMD didn't I just see a pic of Guga after he bic'ed his head(shaved it)? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I beleive he's gone the way of Agassi, so no long flowing hair.

@wright
02-26-2004, 07:17 AM
Not EVERYONE fits the Nike mold. Rather than have every top 10 player in Nike, it's nice to see a little variety.

deflori
02-28-2004, 03:12 AM
lacoste,for sure!

Pyro
02-28-2004, 05:34 PM
Went to the lacoste store and wanted to buy a shirt because I liked that alligator symbol. So I found a nice black collared shirt with a symbol of the alligator and then I looked at the tag: $50! That is one pricey alligator, maybe he eats rich guys and ferrarris.

corncob3466
03-01-2004, 06:35 PM
i say reebok. maybe someone could join roddick wearing reebok. hes the only one i know of

BreakPoint
03-02-2004, 01:09 PM
PLEASE!! ANYTHING BUT NIKE!!! I'm tired of seeing so many pros on the tour wearing Nike! No variety at all. They are all required to wear the latest stuff all at the same time. They all begin to look like clones of each other. This is especially annoying when they play against each other. On TV, you can't even tell who is who, especially when both are wearing hats!
:roll:

BTW, Pyro, you may not have shopped for tennis clothes lately, but Lacoste is not the only brand that is overpriced. Most new Nike, Adidas, Fila, etc. collared polos also cost around $50. Remember, these companies have to gouge their customers so that they can pay for all the multi-million dollar contracts they give to the pros. So if you want to look like a pro - you have to ante up! Just remember that when you pay $50 for a shirt that's worth less than $20, some of that $30 difference goes into Agassi's, et. al., pockets. :(

Tennis Sucks
03-02-2004, 09:45 PM
I think it has to do with public visibility. Once you're part of Nike you are seen by millions. Quite a few of their commercials focus not on one athlete but two or more.

ktwtennis
03-04-2004, 04:36 AM
I bet it's Sergio Tacchini, Fila, or Lacoste. Those are the European brands I can think of...

Verbal_Kint
03-04-2004, 04:57 AM
Adidas (not likely) and Puma (more likely) are both German..

Marnix

Alvaro Costa
03-07-2004, 08:25 PM
Thats really impressive! A guy like Guga, so carismatic and between the top players without a clothing contract 4 so long. I guess either his manager isnt any good or he is waiting 4 a better moment (that means rank), 2 close a contract. Anyway it is still 2 long thoug.

baseliner87
01-11-2008, 03:24 PM
well we now know that he made his own brand and then got sponsored by diadora.