PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any extra/spare lead tape?

ambro
05-11-2004, 06:10 PM
Hey guys I was wondering if any of you had any lead tape that you have just lying around that you wouldn't mind sending to me. My only local shop ran out or lead tape, and I do not want to buy from an online store because it costs about $5 to ship, which is more than the tape itself. So if anyone has any lying around, drop me a message at harf_er@hotmail.com .

Thanks a lot.

bfonz7
05-11-2004, 08:18 PM
you seem to be in a bind my friend, because someone else would have to pay to ship it to you :shock:

ambro
05-12-2004, 03:28 PM
you seem to be in a bind my friend, because someone else would have to pay to ship it to you :shock: Is it really that expensive to bag it up in a Ziploc and send it in an envelope?

matchpoints
05-12-2004, 09:26 PM
is this a joke? LEAD IS HEAVY!

ambro
05-13-2004, 02:54 PM
Yea lead is heavy. They don't care how heavy it is if it fits in an envelope.

bfonz7
05-13-2004, 03:46 PM
i think what he is getting at ethan is its going to be more than normal mailing charges IE Multiple stamps

kreative
05-13-2004, 03:47 PM
yep, they do care how heavy it is. only a certain weight before you have to add more stamps.

ambro
05-14-2004, 03:34 PM
I know what he is saying. What I am saying though, is that it doesn't matter how heavy it is. I've seen 8 quarters sent in an envelope, which is heavier than lead tape, with only one stamp.

coachrick
05-15-2004, 11:24 AM
I've gotta ask, Ethan...where do you live that they have no golf or tennis folks who carry lead tape? Inquiring minds want to know!

ambro
05-16-2004, 04:05 PM
I live in central Wisconsin. There might be some golf shops, but I don't think so.

PHSTennis
05-16-2004, 06:34 PM
I mailed papers that weighed less than eight quarters... I had to put two stamps on :)

perfmode
05-16-2004, 06:40 PM
I know what he is saying. What I am saying though, is that it doesn't matter how heavy it is. I've seen 8 quarters sent in an envelope, which is heavier than lead tape, with only one stamp.

Who the hell sends eight quarters in an envelope? Ever heard of dollar bills? lol

PHSTennis
05-16-2004, 06:49 PM
HAHA!! Yeah really ... its like sending 20 quarters paying for 3 stamps or 1 check with 1 stamp... and who the heck sends money by mail?

ambro
05-18-2004, 06:33 PM

Who the hell sends eight quarters in an envelope? Ever heard of dollar bills? lolDon't ask me. I didn't send it... I've seen it though and it only had one stamp on it, and no, the post office did not return it to sender. You guys are just ********...

esquimaux
05-28-2004, 11:05 PM
you seem to be in a bind my friend, because someone else would have to pay to ship it to you :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

K!ck5w3rvE
06-02-2004, 11:51 PM
No, the problem is that TW don't sell smaller amounts/packets of lead tape in 1/4 inch, which is easier than cutting 1/2 inch. Most people are only experimenting anyway so big reels aren't the go; I mean, you don't need a 36ft reel to experiment.

PrestigeClassic
07-14-2004, 11:30 PM

Who the hell sends eight quarters in an envelope? Ever heard of dollar bills? lolDon't ask me. I didn't send it... I've seen it though and it only had one stamp on it, and no, the post office did not return it to sender. You guys are just ********...

What in the world, first you ask for freebies, then you call us ********? And about the eight quarters, that probably didn't go though any machines, or else the machines would have broken for everybody. It was most-likely hand-canceled by a postal employee that didn't want to waste even more of their time in making sure the recipitent pays the balance in correct postage. No wonder my post man is always grumpy, it's for things like this. Take your free lead tape and choke on it. There is no such thing as a free lunch pal.