PDA

View Full Version : Hawaii 5.0, Fila Axiom follow-up?

Steve F.
05-12-2004, 06:55 AM
back in april you had some good things to say about these shoes, and wondering if you could follow up. How's the durability been? Also, could you post on the fit: does it run true to size (10.5 in Nike zoom breathe), and how's the cushioning held up. And are they stable at that weight? Thanks -

Hawaii 5.0
05-12-2004, 04:08 PM
I'm a former Net Game Speed user and the durability is similar, but more suportive due to the full leather upper and thus comfort and support are greater too.I wear 11.5's in most Nike's except the Breath's and(Resolves,ACMI,Implosions,Oscillates) 11's in everything else from Barricade's to Axioms to FastCourt.I normally rotate through my warranty shoes and am switching between(B3's,Fastcourts,Axioms) and for performance shoes I'm using some of my stash of ACMI,XPoints,A3's and sometimes the same Fastcourts.The cushioning has held up and for me their system doesn't break down until about the 5th month and by then the rubber is starting to go through(the Net Game Speeds,Ventor's and Axilus' all lasted me about 5.5 months.)For their weight they are prety stable, but with the leather I think they could have afforded to do some more changes like upgrade the lacing and get rid of the synthetic piece on the side and maybe add a more wrap around instep support rather than drop the price.Most people are willing to pay more for better shoes.Again these #'s are for me.One of my old team mates didn't go through his US Open's in over a year and he is still wearing them, but he also rotates.Proportionally I find their Evergrind to be more durable than any other brand on the market, but for that durability you lack a little grip and they sometimes squeek and the herringbone doesnt' flex the best becuase the rubber is stiffer.If you'll notice more pro's are using the ventor sytle becuase they flex better and grip better versus the Axiom rubber mold.

Steve F.
05-13-2004, 06:15 AM
Great info, esp. on the stiff flex, thanks for the detailed post. wonder why tw doesn't carry them. One last thing, Have you had any luck with lotto shoes - they look durable and with puntoflex the flex should be better than the axiom, but no one seems to know much about them - including lotto's website, which still has their old line up

Hawaii 5.0
05-13-2004, 11:17 AM
Never worn Lotto, but from what I hear their rubber isn't as durable as Adidas or Fila, but they are comfy and fairly light weight.

Steve F.
05-13-2004, 08:18 PM
Thanks again -- !