PDA

View Full Version : Get me back into Prince

danix
05-13-2004, 12:17 PM
I love the NFS shape, fits me like a glove. I've used Prince for years, and kept replacing with the next available model (NFS, Excelerator, Viper, etc.)

I went with the NFF - more of the same, but lighter.
Problem is, they hurt my feet. I ended up having some weird pockets of fluid in my heel. Could be the shoes, most likely, so I ditched them, no problems since.

I went with the Head Games mid (I favor the mids) and while I like them, I miss my Prince shoes.

Is there a new model with the NFF shape out there or coming soon? If not, any other suggestions for comparable shoes?
I know I can still get the ViperII but those are 20oz...

Thanks.

mgoblue
05-15-2004, 08:10 PM
I was down at the Easter Bowl and saw a bunch of kids wearing the NFS Freak. The shoe was wide for many kids but they loved the look. They looked pretty light. Tennis Warehouse carrys them. They are a bit aggressive looking for me. I would be interested if Prince would come out with a mostly white version.

tennishead
05-19-2004, 04:31 PM
Try the Nike Mid Resolves. I too like the old Prince shoes, but the newer models are too narrow.

AC
05-25-2004, 01:14 PM
I was a big fan of the Excelerator 1.4s...probably my fav shoe of all time. I have the Viper II, and while not quite the quick bonding experience I had with the 1.4s, they have that NFS 'feel' (hey if Volkl can have a 'feel', so can NFS shoes!). The 1.4s were not light shoes by any means...if you were fine with those, the Viper IIs should be fine for you. Definitely have some heft to them, but of course also the cushioning and solidity. I also think the NFS width has something to do with it...those wide booties just don't exactly scamper around like their pointier-toed counterparts...kind of the foot Hummer.