PDA

View Full Version : Lacoste Prices??

punch
09-08-2005, 04:23 PM
Really are they honestly 70.00 and + quality?? Are they any different from Nike or Adidas wear?? There is something special where it doesnt shrink or something, it lasts forever? I'm curious to know why Lacoste is so highly priced, I like the brand but the money blows me away.
I am currently trying to get a white Lacoste hat (the one roddick wore in the US open) nice and cheap from **** for my one (and most likely only purchase from Lacoste) purchase.

Please someone explain if Lacoste really is worth this.

bookem
09-08-2005, 04:28 PM
Worth is a subjective relative term; only you can decide....

As to the price tag, other than economies of scale in production (and the resulting lower costs), there's also the foreign exchange aspect and raw materials (most Izods are cotton, with the higher priced with higher quality cotton although not Egyptian cotton)...

More importantly, it's brand positioning. Lacoste has never been a 'mass market' product; it is more closely positioned in the market against brands such as Ralph Lauren Polo, Fila, Ellesse, and Sergio Tacchini. These brands started as clothing brands not shoes.

Hope this helps. Ultimately, you're the one who decides whether or not to purchase and whether that purchase was 'worth' it...

GrahamIsSuper
09-08-2005, 04:48 PM
Lacoste is shoddy quality for a $80.00 shirt. Don't waste your money. I got a polo from the fat little boy section of Walmart for $5.00 that is WAY better made and a fraction of the price. Not to mention that for some reason Lacoste shirts shrink into a weird shape, the body is huge while the shoulders are narrow. If you want to look like an inverted pyramid, i.e. rosie o donnel, then by all means throw away your $80.00 on a lacoste shirt. Also, complete and utter losers wear lacoste shirts in high school.

punch
09-09-2005, 11:11 AM
Ah i see, well that explains it a bit I suppose.

I see many Lacoste haters and lovers on this site from past threads

crosscourt
09-09-2005, 11:59 AM
Whatever the merits of particular styles, with Lacoste you are paying for a posh brand. But their clothes are still much better value than Nike. Adidas I'm not so sure, because unlike Nike they are quite good quality. If you don't care about a brand you will save yourself money.

Lleyton Hewitt
09-09-2005, 01:27 PM
I kinda like the lacoste clothing but i think the price is over the top its like 60 for roddicks top in the shop and nike gear only costs around 30...double the price

ffrpg
09-09-2005, 01:55 PM
Lacoste is shoddy quality for a $80.00 shirt. Don't waste your money. I got a polo from the fat little boy section of Walmart for $5.00 that is WAY better made and a fraction of the price. Not to mention that for some reason Lacoste shirts shrink into a weird shape, the body is huge while the shoulders are narrow. If you want to look like an inverted pyramid, i.e. rosie o donnel, then by all means throw away your $80.00 on a lacoste shirt. Also, complete and utter losers wear lacoste shirts in high school.

Have you ever worn a Lacoste shirt? There is no way a shirt from Walmart could ever be better than a Lacoste shirt. Even better brand name shirts like Tommy Hilfiger and Ralph Lauren can't touch Lacoste's polo shirt in terms of quality + comfort. My Lacoste shirts have never shrunk into a weird shape of any kind. I'm not sure if you know this, but you aren't suppose to tumble dry the shirts. Also, the shoulder area of the shirt is not more narrow than the "body" of the shirt. You might not have been wearing an authentic Lacoste shirt. There are many fakes out there.

Are the shirts worth the money? Sort of. I think it's more of a status symbol. The shirts are really comfy, but not really worth $70. The only reason I buy them is because I don't pay retail for them.

smittysan89
09-09-2005, 05:25 PM
yeah i bought a fake one from a power seller....it looked brand new has all the tags and everything but when i put it in the wash it felt like crap and shrunk wierd like you said...i think you have a fake

GrahamIsSuper
09-09-2005, 08:58 PM
Have you ever worn a Lacoste shirt? There is no way a shirt from Walmart could ever be better than a Lacoste shirt. Even better brand name shirts like Tommy Hilfiger and Ralph Lauren can't touch Lacoste's polo shirt in terms of quality + comfort. My Lacoste shirts have never shrunk into a weird shape of any kind. I'm not sure if you know this, but you aren't suppose to tumble dry the shirts. Also, the shoulder area of the shirt is not more narrow than the "body" of the shirt. You might not have been wearing an authentic Lacoste shirt. There are many fakes out there.

Are the shirts worth the money? Sort of. I think it's more of a status symbol. The shirts are really comfy, but not really worth $70. The only reason I buy them is because I don't pay retail for them.

Not fake at all. I have 3, and wore them occasionally but then quit after seeing the brand go down the tubes. 1 was bought online, the others in the store. It doesn't matter if you tumble dry cotton, buddy, as long as your wash temps arent crazy. It is impossible to make gold out of tin, same goes with cotton. Unless it's egyptian, you wouldn't really be able to feel a difference in Polos. Sorry, but im pretty sure you are just a fanboy of the "posh" brand, it is simply paying for a name.