PDA

View Full Version : Klippermate and Poly strings

Matt Choi
05-13-2004, 08:55 PM
I was told that the Klippermate clamps leave impressions on strings. This is bad no? I'll be stringing polys mainly, but will it do the job accurately on the Klipper? Thanks in advance.

bfonz7
05-18-2004, 09:37 PM
I use a klippermate as well, and i see the indents you describe if the clamps are very well tightened. i think the fibers inside are just more compressed than normal, i have not found it to affect play or durability yet though

PHSTennis
05-18-2004, 11:33 PM
I have Alpha Blu-DC Plus... diamond dusted clamps... It makes indent marks on the strings too... I just strung a customers racquet... its so hard and annoying... cause its HARD! Well I got though... the strings have marks on it... My Lux BB Alu also... I guess its normal... its poly... What do you except ? Monogut... Well I dont know I stung it only at 59 lbs... Its tight too... strange strange strings...

matchpoints
05-19-2004, 10:42 AM
I have Alpha Blu-DC Plus... diamond dusted clamps... It makes indent marks on the strings too... I just strung a customers racquet... its so hard and annoying... cause its HARD! Well I got though... the strings have marks on it... My Lux BB Alu also... I guess its normal... its poly... What do you except ? Monogut... Well I dont know I stung it only at 59 lbs... Its tight too... strange strange strings...

I use the Blu-DC Plus at work, and I really haven't left any marks on the Poly's. Try losening the clamps a bit. Those clamps haven't slipped for me even when not tight. Good clamps.