PDA

View Full Version : How many?

drop shot
05-13-2004, 10:19 PM
How many racquets can you string at one sesion? I strung 6 back to back and my bach ached!

Gaines Hillix
05-14-2004, 05:40 AM
I get pretty tired of it after 3. I think 6 is the most I've ever done at once. Fortunately, I can afford to just say, hey, I've had enough of this and finish up the next day. Some pro stringers do up to 30 in one day at tournaments and work 12-16 hours in a row.

matchpoints
05-14-2004, 10:36 AM
I did 3 yesterday. No too bad if there's a movie playing on TV :mrgreen:

coachrick
05-15-2004, 11:04 AM
I made the mistake of offering to string for a local YY rep many years ago...he dropped off 22 frames...BORING!!! Heck, it was tedious just stenciling 22 of the same racket! Did them all in one night...thank goodness for cable!
BTW, try setting your machine much higher than you first thought...so that your arms are at the proper height when you naturally bend your elbows. Nothing worse than bending over to string! Rest your foot(alternating) on something(a couple of inches off the floor) like a bar rest(the very shiny 'pipe' along the floor in your favorite pub) to relieve some of the stress on your lower back. Hey, no fair sending these ideas to USRSA for credit!