PDA

View Full Version : Gamma X-ES or Gamma Progression ES II?

Matt H.
05-13-2004, 11:28 PM
Is there any difference between the two?

http://www.atssports.com/ats/assets/product_images/mgxes_L.jpg

http://www.atssports.com/ats/assets/product_images/mpes2_L.jpg

I'm still debating on what to do. Either one of those 2 machines, or the crank version from either the same company, or alpha, and then put a WISE tension head on it.

It's mostly for me, with a few customers here and there at school. I'd say a dozen racquets a month would be a high estimate.

I'm trying to stay somewhat affordable, yet i want to "do it right" the first time and get something that's gonna last me a long time. My preference would be a linear pull electric, but i'm trying not to be too picky here.

Simbah2004
05-14-2004, 08:18 AM
Well, maybe I can help. I checked both machines and they both have the same features. The blue model is only lighter and newer, and as with every new model there's some road test ahead - I'm certain that feedback on the blue models will start popping here shortly.

RacquetDoctor
05-14-2004, 11:51 AM
This machine is not true constant pull...If that is what you're after, look else where. The mechanics of this pulling mechanism is very similar to the 'original' sp DG model (the current version is now microprocessor controlled). If you are willing to spend $900 for this, buy the SP DG model for $1000. You'll be happier in the long run.

Gaines Hillix
05-14-2004, 01:15 PM
Another option would be to see what kind of a deal Mark Gonzalez at Alpha could give you on an Axis Pro and then put a Wise tension head on it. He might sell you one without the crank tensioner for less, who knows. mark@alphatennis.com

Matt H.
05-14-2004, 02:04 PM
Another option would be to see what kind of a deal Mark Gonzalez at Alpha could give you on an Axis Pro and then put a Wise tension head on it. He might sell you one without the crank tensioner for less, who knows. mark@alphatennis.com

does alpha make a comparable model but in a table-top format instead? i don't have much room at my apartment, and portability is an issue.

Smashlob
05-14-2004, 02:32 PM
Alpha makes the Revo4000, a similar model, but table-top.

Progressive10s
05-14-2004, 07:08 PM
According to a Gamma rep with whom I spoke with this week, the creation of the X series was to create a line of Gamma stringers that could be sold through different outlets. I asked if the X line would replace the current line, and he said no. Apparently, the differences are strictly cosmetic. For example, the Progressive STII in which I was interested, has a heavier and more one-piece base than its X-series compatible

Matt H.
05-15-2004, 08:20 AM
Well, i got a response back from Mark at Alpha....he said the REVO 4000 would be my best bet, and he's looking into seeing if i can get a discount price for one without the crank tensioner.

However, he has to check with WISE because Alpha has increased the thickness of the metal bar and doesn't know if the wise tension head will still be able to fit or not.