PDA

View Full Version : Best running shoes...

precision response
05-14-2004, 03:34 AM
in your opinion...for running, jogging etc. Thanks.

aceindahole2K5
05-14-2004, 05:36 AM
any adidas with the A3 technology, Nike Shox were just too unstable and felt like i had very little control over my stride, whereas the A3 really guides your foot naturally through your stride, hope this helps

Steve F.
05-14-2004, 06:44 AM
this is going to have a lot to do with your foot shape, foot strike, arch, weight, and running habits. Trying on running shoes in a store is just the same as demoing a racquet before you buy. Flatter feet will need better support, high rigid arches won't. That said, I run in mizuno, I like their fit, weight and cushioning; they seem to have a shoe for everybody. I used to run asics until they widened all their toeboxes. Good luck -

Steve F.
05-14-2004, 06:46 AM
ps - try www.runnersworld.com they have a shoefinder that may be useful.

kreative
05-14-2004, 07:22 AM
thou i'm not a big fan of nike, i think they're nike shox turbo are awesome running shoes. every time i wear them, i feel like jogging/running.

robbie_dademo
05-14-2004, 02:22 PM
Asics have awesome running shoes

bcaz
05-14-2004, 06:29 PM
I have bought and run in dozens of pairs of ASICS shoes dating back to the 1980s. They are the best for me. Many other manufacturers make good shoes, too. Everyone's feet are different, and so are the lasts used to build each shoe model. I buy a lot of shoes from RoadRunner Sports, but I recommend finding a good running shoe store near you and getting help from someone who knows what they are doing. Reward the retailer with at least one purchase, and if the shoe fits, so to speak, you can buy more of them online of you prefer.

Mr. Sparkay
05-15-2004, 01:30 AM
Saucony Grid Hurricane...flexible forefoot and comfortable heel cupping

Tomek
05-15-2004, 03:30 AM
ASICS are the best for running for me. Since using mine I haven't any issues and they are very durable also :) My model is: GEL-1070.

Brian Purdie
05-15-2004, 06:53 AM
Air Max 95. These are the epitope of comfort. The Nike Air Max started out fine and every pair got more stylish and comfortable climaxing with these shoes. New Balance 800 series are very similar. A pair of 806 or 807 (if they've been released yet) would be great.

Kevin T
05-15-2004, 07:09 AM
Can't go wrong with Saucony, Asics, Mizuno, New Balance or Brooks. I have worn Saucony for ~7 years and really can't imagine ever switching. Mizuno makes fine shoes but you may be out of luck if you have wide feet, though they have started to offer 2E widths in some shoes. Same goes for Brooks. Of course, New Balance offers the most fit options but I have found their lasts to be too straight for my feet. If you are a trail runner, try the Montrail Masai, Montrail Vitesse or Vasque Velocity. As mentioned above, there is no subsitute for trying the shoes on in a running-specific shop.

Progressive10s
05-17-2004, 09:48 PM
Other folks who have previously posted have hit the nail on the head. You have to know what type of shoe you need for the shape of your foot and the way your foot strikes the ground. RoadRunner Sports is dead on with their advice to either stay with your street size or move up and down a 1/2 or full size. A good local store can be a great resource, but will they have the brand and model that you are looking for??

atatu
05-20-2004, 02:28 PM
If you're over 185, I highly recommend the Nike Air Max Tailwind, the midsole is what makes this a great shoe for heavy guys.