PDA

View Full Version : Tennis in Outer Banks, NC

jackzon
05-14-2004, 06:46 PM
I'll be staying near Kitty Hawk, NC for a week this summer. Where is the closest tennis? Preferably someplace with a pro that I can hit with.

arodnadal
03-25-2005, 06:52 PM
i would also like too know a good place too hit here

atatu
04-20-2005, 10:11 PM
Me too, I'm going to be in Duck in Mid June. I've done quite a bit of searching on the web and haven't come up with much, there is a racket club called the Pine Island Racket Club that has indoor and outdoor courts: http://www.thesanderling.com/fitnesscenter.cfm
Looks like you can take a lesson for $50, not my first choice, but it may be all there is. If either of you guys are going to be there mid June, drop me an email at atatu@tceq.state.tx.us.

Geezer Guy
04-21-2005, 09:10 AM
Check out TennisResortsOnline.com and TennisWelcomeCenter.com.

joegsa
04-25-2005, 11:38 AM
Pine Island Racquet Club is a really good option... Drills are $15 and go for about 2 hours. Pro's name is Rick. Great guy and great teacher. I did the drills every day and played some singles and doubles as well. Really a nice group of locals hit there. Highly recommend it...

Hey, Moe!
04-28-2005, 04:45 PM
Pine Island is a good option. Rick Ostlund is the pro, and as joegsa said, he is a good guy, and a good teacher. He does keep a list of people who check in and are looking for a match, and he is willing to get you a match with a local, which he did for me.

If you are driving up to Pine Island from Kitty Hawk, do allow a few extra minutes driving time. Traffic in Duck bogs down during the day, and Pine Island is 6-7 miles north of Duck.

mikemasonx
04-28-2005, 09:44 PM
Come to Raleigh and I'll play you on the courts at State...

atatu
06-14-2005, 07:43 PM
Well, I'm here. Pine Island is it. I did the drills and it was pretty good, he had three courts going and about 12 players. Lots of nice folks, but I'm an average 4.5 and I was by far the best player there. I met a nice 4.0 guy at the clinic and we snuck on to some courts this morning. Tennis is definitely not a priority down here....