PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Stringer Table

sherpa78
05-14-2004, 10:49 PM
Hey all,
I own a LaserFibre MS200TT stringer. So far, I've had to keep it in the kitchen table as I do not own any other table with as much space. I was just curious where you guys put your table top stringer when you use it? I am contemplating making my own stand so I can take stringer to the living room. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Sherpa78

mr. stevo
05-14-2004, 11:34 PM
was looking at the stringway site... and noticed the stand looks darn simple and this idea popped into myhead....!!!! get some pvc pipe... attach 4 legs to a center stand... yes i know it's unstable that were all you have to do is mix some concreted down the center and walla! hehe it's just an idea i'll actually try it when i get my stringway! ^_^ good luck.

sherpa78
05-15-2004, 08:26 AM
mr. stevo,
Sounds like a viable option, albeit a heavy one with the concrete. :) But, I'll look into that. I'm also considering either welding some metal together or maybe bolting some metal tubes to a platform.

I'd rather make one instead of paying $100 for one. That way, I can customize it to my needs.

Thanks mr. stevo!

coachrick
05-15-2004, 12:20 PM
My very heavy and large Major SP 11 was on top of one of the Home Depot utility carts(now holds up my compound mitre saw) until I replaced the workshop-looking box with a nice oak microwave cart from World Market/Cost Plus. (Also replaced the monster machine with a MS200tt) Looks a bit more like a piece of furniture in the office(DW approves) and can be rolled into the corner quickly if necessary. Smallish top drawer is convenient as is the larger storage area below. Bet you could hit the yard sales that are on every block this weekend and pick one up for twenty bucks! Good luck!

mr. stevo
05-15-2004, 09:18 PM
o well since you know how to weld that makes everything easier. I for myself don't know how to weld... so i guess for me ane others who don't know how to weld i think this is a good alternative =p