PDA

View Full Version : Please help to customize a 300G?

Furball
02-25-2004, 05:23 PM
Hi all,

Please help?

How do I tweak a 300G to become 11.5oz, 6pt HL and Swingweight of 320 and above?

Thanks in advance.

HeavyBall
02-25-2004, 06:26 PM
Here's the problem: Going from 4 to 6 pts. HL requires adding weight primarily in the handle, and 320+ SW will require adding closer to the head. Adding a standard overgrip and 24 inches of 1/2 inch lead tape in the throat will get you pretty close.

Matt

Furball
02-25-2004, 07:38 PM
Hey, thanks!

You think ithis alternative will work as well:

Change to leather grip + 2 overgrips; and add loads of lead tape at the 3&9 o'clock position?

jasonmiller
02-26-2004, 12:32 AM
If you added a Gamma leather grip, which is pretty heavy, and used one overgrip, you'd add a half an ounce, while making the racquet more headlight. You could even put a few inches of lead tape running up the grip to make it even more headlight and heavy, but first I'd just try the leather grip first and see if that's enough. Then I'd add about 4-6 grams of lead along the sides of the head to raise the swingweight a little more and offset the weight in the handle. Half an ounce in the handle, a few grams on the head, and you'll have almost 11.5 ounces, as well as a couple more points headlight than stock, and higher swingweight. Remember, adding weight to the handle increases swingweight, just not as much as weight in the head. For what it's worth, I added a leather grip and a few grams of lead at 3&9 on a 200g, trying to do about the same thing you're trying to do, and it turned out wonderfully. Serves are improved, it's more stable on groundstrokes, and volleys have more authority. Anyway, good luck!

Furball
02-26-2004, 08:40 PM
Thanks Jasonmiller. That helps.

Lambro
02-28-2004, 10:13 AM
there is a 25$ balancing accessory that is very cool so you can precisly check the head point balance. I think it is made by ACME Sports, do a google..

fyi, blake & fish don't use the shelf 300g's

I think the stock models are pretty dead feeling