PDA

View Full Version : Guidance on Trading

cadfael_tex
09-15-2005, 06:55 PM
Another user here and I are considering a trade of racquets. Neither of us has done that before and as far as I know neither has references. What is the etiquette? I suggested we both send at the same time but after reading a reference posted just a bit ago I was wondering.

racingdad23
09-16-2005, 11:08 AM
I encourage you to speak on the phone with the person. This may give you more of a feeling for the trade you are considering. Every trade I do I always list my phone number under my name and address. Ship same day (UPS) and report to each other the tracking number by phone immediately afterwards. If he cant provide you a valid tracking number then go back down to UPS and and file a cancellation order. Also do either of you use that auction site and have feedback there? Out of about 50 trade/buy/sell in the last couple of years on the auction site, this forum and other racing related websites I've been screwed over twice and neither came from this board. Good Luck.

cadfael_tex
09-16-2005, 11:23 AM
I do have some references on that auction site.

Kirko
09-16-2005, 05:35 PM
its a gentleman's agreement". look for the number of posts they make and read them. You can usualy come to a conclusion on them.