PDA

View Full Version : Overgrips that don't give you blisters?

inspector_clouseau
05-16-2004, 09:47 AM
i really like yonex super grap, but i think it's causing blisters on my hands everytime i play. i'm guessing that super grap is too tacky for my hands.

can anyone recommend an overgrip that is less tacky than super grap? or if you have had blister problems because of your overgrip, what did you switch to?

thanks!

Smashlob
05-16-2004, 10:45 AM
Try Tourna Grip, I have not had blister problems, and I've used the grip for well over 5 years.

topspin
05-16-2004, 11:25 PM
Tourna grip is soft, probably won't give you blisters like smashlob says. But for me it lasts only about a set so I really don't think it's worth it. I love Yonex too, my favorite and I've tried a lot of overgrips. You do get blisters only once it starts to tear. I suggest you try Pacific Xtac overgrip.

PHSTennis
05-16-2004, 11:32 PM
Tourna last me about a set... I like using Wilson Pro... Im not sure... I have blisters but it hurts only sometimes... the Pro is great havent used anything but it for a year now... Tourna doesnt hurt my blisters and is really soft... I think if you dont want blisters go for Tourna but I say Wilson Pro is better... more durable and all... about a week for me... sometimes 2 if im lucky

inspector_clouseau
05-17-2004, 10:14 AM
thanks for the suggestions. i picked up some tournagrip and i'm hoping it works out. durability/price isn't a concern for me (yet) as long as i can be blister-free :) i'll try the wilson pro and pacific's next week if the tournagrip gives me blisters. never knew finding an overgrip could be so hard!

bfonz7
05-18-2004, 09:56 PM
i have been using the wilson pro overgrip for over a year now, and the only time i remotely get blisters is when i stay on the courts for hours on end.....alot of it has to do with how tightly you like to hold your racquet as well

serveboy
05-19-2004, 04:23 AM
You're getting blisters because your skin is unaccustomed. Once that blister goes away you'll have a calice and you won't get another blister on the same spot. Feel free to keep using your Yonex overgrip.

mr. stevo
05-20-2004, 01:13 AM
You're getting blisters because your skin is unaccustomed. Once that blister goes away you'll have a calice and you won't get another blister on the same spot. Feel free to keep using your Yonex overgrip.

ever heard of having a blister partially heal, skin come off and have another one? i have... happened to me... blister over a blister :?

K!ck5w3rvE
05-22-2004, 01:03 AM
Try the Babolat Stripy.....they're nice when new.

PHSTennis
05-25-2004, 08:32 PM
Yep calice thats right... I have them, my hand is really rough... holes in it.. its messed up... it forms only when I play for a long itme... 2 hours a day doesnt hurt it.. :P

kreative
06-04-2004, 11:12 PM
wilson pro, very similar to super grap, but not as tacky. tourna is also nice, but durability is very low.