PDA

View Full Version : Put away shot article

goober
09-19-2005, 06:22 PM
Every so often there is a post here on handling short balls. I haven't seen this article posted yet so I thought I would link it. I thought it was a good article. I liked the concepts of "zones" which will dictate your shot on these short balls as well as other factors discuussed in the article.

http://www.tennisserver.com/turbo/turbo.html

Mahboob Khan
09-19-2005, 07:08 PM
Without seeing the article, I appreciate it. It must be good. Now I am going to try to download it. Normally, I am not lucky in downloadings! Wish me a good luck!

Mahboob Khan
09-19-2005, 07:24 PM
I am like a little kid. It's printing!

It talks about putaway zones and that's great. There are five game situations, there are five zones on the court, and there are five swing zones on strokes. It's called System-5!

I do not have the technology to post video/pictures here. It is very important to show "how to put away those short balls". What is the swing pattern on these shots? A complete article should address:

-- Putaway zones which this article does so beautifully (Ron Waite started tennis at age 39, and he is a USPTR certified. I am also USPTR Certified Pro. Congrats Ron. I hope you love Dennis! I did my TU-I Certification with Dennis in 1994).

-- How to putaway those short balls from the right zone, from the left zone, from the mid-court; from forehand, from backhand (the swing modification), windshielf wiper forehands, etc. I have not seen a picture to this effect in this article.

Mahboob Khan
09-19-2005, 07:27 PM
I must admit I posted my number 3 post without reading the article. I did it just by looking at the article. Now I am reading the article! Good grief!

Baseline Basher
09-19-2005, 08:53 PM
I skimmed some paragraphs...
No, it was a good article. Any article with a diagram or pictures is fantastic...

joe sch
09-20-2005, 08:53 AM
Thanks for the post !
I have been reading Ron Waites articles on the TS for years and they are excellent !

adamc637
09-21-2005, 12:07 AM
I like Turbo Tennis also, great approach to teaching online. He explains it very well.

(also, Khan, coffee baaad. It's cool that you know him though!)

Rickson
09-21-2005, 05:15 AM
Every so often there is a post here on handling short balls. I haven't seen this article posted yet so I thought I would link it. I thought it was a good article. I liked the concepts of "zones" which will dictate your shot on these short balls as well as other factors discuussed in the article.

http://www.tennisserver.com/turbo/turbo.html
The article was posted before, but I think the thread was deleted.

Koaske
09-21-2005, 07:38 AM
Yea, Ron Waite's articles are always helpful. I'm eagerly waiting for next month's article :P This month's article was there on the 14th or 15th day , so I suppose his new article is there around halfway of October.