PDA

View Full Version : USPTA Coach Course

Net Cord
09-20-2005, 07:14 AM
I am attending the Professional Certification session 2nd weekend in October to hopefully get myself certified.
Any tips / advice from those that have completed. I did the PTR one a few months ago... so I know what to advice those that do that!!

VictorS.
10-05-2005, 06:50 PM
I am also scheduled to take my certification exam within the next few months or so. If anyone has any information, I'd definitely appreciate it as well. thanks!

Bungalo Bill
10-05-2005, 10:23 PM
I am attending the Professional Certification session 2nd weekend in October to hopefully get myself certified.
Any tips / advice from those that have completed. I did the PTR one a few months ago... so I know what to advice those that do that!!

You can probably expect similar things. I took the USPTA test awhile ago and you will have tests on:

1. Written exam: Be sure to know Little Tennis, How to Create a Tennis Tournament Draw, System 5, your grips, and the strengths and weaknesses of all grips. You will need to study the material they send you as you will be tested on it.

2. Strokes Test: You will be tested on the accuracy and technique of your strokes. Drops shots, volleys, lobs, overheads, serves, forehands, and backhands, etc..

3. Lesson Test: You will be tested on your ability to give a private and a group lesson. Two things to be sure you are doing: make sure the sun is to the backs of your students when you give a lesson, make sure if you teach a child that you lower yourself to eye level with the child when you are trying to teach him or tell him something.

Other than that just study and you will pass!