PDA

View Full Version : Quality of Ascis Tennis shoes??

Jonas
02-25-2004, 07:20 PM
I just finished a pair of asics tennis shoes and was very impressed. I like the comfort, fit and the durability was surprisingly pretty good. Anyone that has some experiance with asics shoes let me know which ones you've had and how you like them. The shoes seem to fit my foot very well. I am looking for a little research:)

Jonas
02-25-2004, 07:21 PM
sorry about the title....make that ASICS instead!

Big D
02-26-2004, 06:51 AM
I don't wear their tennis shoes but their running shoes are second to none. Nikes are generally over priced and overrated.

don knot
02-26-2004, 10:13 AM
I have had a few pairs of them. My favorites were the engvist gels from the spring of 2000. I liked them so much that I went back and ordered 2 more pairs. I would like to get the new ones, but they are way too ugly. I have tried several times to "hash" it out in my mind that the looks do not matter, but i just can't do it. I did find a place who sells the new enqvist GELS and now life is good again:)

don knot
02-26-2004, 10:15 AM
To clarify: the ugly ones i was talking about are the silver ones with the shroud that tw currently has. I am sure they're a fine tennis shoe, but.....

Kevin T
02-26-2004, 10:23 AM
As mentioned above, quality is second to none. Not quite as durable as the Barricade or other guaranteed shoes but not far behind. For myself, I'll take comfort, support, lightness over the extra durability. I have been all over Asics tennis shoes for ~4 years and can't move on to anything else. The new 2004 Enqvist, available only in Europe at this time, is quite sweet. I can do without the shroud. I'll take the gel Enqvist and gel Challenger. Just wish you could get Asics tennis clothing in the States.

Anonymous
02-27-2004, 03:04 AM
I have a question for any Gel Enqvist wearers, are they for low arch feet?

Kevin T
02-27-2004, 08:58 AM
I would say the arch is pretty average. You should be fine, though they are a little better for average or higher arches.

Morpheus
02-27-2004, 04:14 PM
They are fantastic and my new shoe of choice. Not as comfortable as some but durable and firm.

Jonas
03-01-2004, 03:47 PM
The silver asics from tw with the shroud really seem to be great shoes, also the shroud can be cut off very delicately!

Thomas Tung
03-09-2004, 08:12 PM
I've been wearing the silver Asics shoes for a while now (and yes, I think that they're ugly too), and performance-wise, it's pretty good; durable and comfortable, except for the weight, which will slow you down some. If this shoe was in a better color scheme and was a tad lighter, it'd be the best tennis shoe I've ever worn -- even better than the Air Court Motion Internationals. Still, pound for pound, the best shoe available right now on Tennis Warehouse.

Pastorius
03-22-2004, 08:57 PM
<<<I have been all over Asics tennis shoes for ~4 years and can't move on to anything else.>>>

It's probably a good reason why you don't play tennis for a living...

<<<I've been wearing the silver Asics shoes for a while now (and yes, I think that they're ugly too),>>>

Yes that's very true they are very ugly...