PDA

View Full Version : how did Tony Roch help Roger Federer?

09-21-2005, 08:35 AM
I watched the Austrialian 60 Minutes video on Federer.

Go to www.federermagic.blogspot.com under Federer/Tony Roch video.

Excellent piece on Federer.

But exactly what has Tony Roch helped Federer?

Thanatos
09-21-2005, 08:36 AM
I watched the Austrialian 60 Minutes video on Federer.

Go to www.federermagic.blogspot.com under Federer/Tony Roch video.

Excellent piece on Federer.

But exactly what has Tony Roch helped Federer?

He help federer spend his money.

Rickson
09-21-2005, 10:01 AM
He help federer spend his money.
True. Federer got bored and decided to give the struggling Tony Roche some money, but because he didn't want to make Tony look like a charity case, Federer asked him to be his coach. Now Federer pays Tony without telling Tony that it's just a gift. Federer helps out his old buddy, Tony keeps his pride, and everybody's happy except for Mirka who'd rather keep the money for herself to buy more food with.

CivicLx
09-22-2005, 12:06 AM
Federer helps out his old buddy, Tony keeps his pride, and everybody's happy except for Mirka who'd rather keep the money for herself to buy more food with.

I have no idea if that's true or not, but that's wrong about Mirka. lol have you no shame?

matchpoints
09-22-2005, 04:01 AM
I'm sure it was more mental then anything....

AndrewD
09-22-2005, 04:19 AM
If you have a look at a recent thread - an interview with Ivan Lendl- you might get a good idea of what Roche is helping Federer with. Of course we can't know exactly but Id say Lendl is on the right track.

Rickson
09-22-2005, 04:21 AM
I have no idea if that's true or not, but that's wrong about Mirka. lol have you no shame?
If you've read any of my past posts, you'd know I have no shame. http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

joe sch
09-22-2005, 07:09 AM
I'm sure it was more mental then anything....
True, just like his relationship with Ivan Lendl, they spend most of the time discussing theory, not oncourt mechanics.

troytennisbum
09-22-2005, 09:13 AM
I think we all get the feeling that if Federer never met Roch or any other coach, for that matter, in the last year.....his results would of been the same.

09-22-2005, 11:20 AM
Did you watch that 60 Minutes piece?

Watch it, you will come away with a different conclusion Roach did help Roger that much. Just watch it before you put in your two cents.

09-22-2005, 11:55 AM

Watch it, you will come away with a different conclusion Roach did help Roger that much. Just watch it before you put in your two cents.

hipster
10-01-2005, 09:44 PM
True. Federer got bored and decided to give the struggling Tony Roche some money, but because he didn't want to make Tony look like a charity case, Federer asked him to be his coach. Now Federer pays Tony without telling Tony that it's just a gift. Federer helps out his old buddy, Tony keeps his pride, and everybody's happy except for Mirka who'd rather keep the money for herself to buy more food with.

:mrgreen: that was funny

westside
10-02-2005, 01:55 AM
I think Roche is bringing Federer to the net alot more.

alan-n
10-02-2005, 08:51 PM
It'll be years before you see the results, but Federer needs to improve his volleys and drop volleys to play the serve and volley game when he gets older and needs to conserve energy in matches going through a long tournament... Thats how Sampras continued to win Slams and conserve energy.

Yours!05
10-02-2005, 09:08 PM

Watch it, you will come away with a different conclusion Roach did help Roger that much. Just watch it before you put in your two cents.As far as I know(?), we didn't see it in Oz. Can you give some details please?