PDA

View Full Version : Hurt, changed my game and won!

guitarplayer
09-21-2005, 08:56 PM
4.5 league tonight. My right shoulder is sore and my knees (patella tendons) were killing me. So I put away my POG and used the advice of our pro and went with a demo large head Liquid Metal 1 beginners frame. Told me I was hurting to bad to try and play my normal hard hitting game.

So.......
I sliced many forehands and backhands, hit drop shots, lobs, and moonballs. I hardly had to run at all and drove my opponent nuts. Sure, I smoked a few hard topspin winners when I had him out of position as well. But 90% of the time I was hitting high spinning semi moonballs and keeping the ball in play.

My normal game is 95% from the baseline with hard topspin drives and trying to move the player around. I played the opposite of my normal game and could not believe I won.

I went into the match expecting to get killed, I still can't believe I pulled it off. I will say I won most of my games early on. We play a 10 game pro-set. The last 3 games in a row I lost because he caught on and adjusted, but we were out of time. 8-4.