PDA

View Full Version : Mahboob Khan

ctorchia
09-23-2005, 01:17 AM
As a journalist, I travel often, usually with my tennis rackets. I play at a fairly competitive level. I recently visited Pakistan, and received some coaching from Mahboob Khan. It was a pleasure to meet someone with such knowledge and passion for the game. He advised some changes in my serve, court movement, and mental approach. My game benefited greatly from Mr. Khan's help.
I strongly recommend to any tennis player who lands in Pakistan and needs a tuneup: get in touch with Mahboob Khan.
Best regards,
Chris

joe sch
09-23-2005, 04:47 AM
Thanks for the post Chris !
I would sure like to meet Mahboob one of these days.
Another great player coach to meet is Bungalo Bill.
If you are ever planning on visiting the S.Cal area, like go to Disneyland, setup a lesson with BB, your game will also really benefit.
Cheers, Joe

equinox
09-23-2005, 08:07 AM
Please tell me, is mahboob khan really as slow footed as his ITN mobility score suggests?

USCfan
09-23-2005, 04:33 PM
Well, that's not very nice- when I'm his age(IA), i'd love to be as good as he is. He's probably faster than I am now- I'm out of shape.

USCfan
09-23-2005, 04:35 PM
ctorchia,

was it easy to get in touch with Mr. Khan once you arrived in Pakistan/

Mahboob Khan
09-23-2005, 06:09 PM
Thank you Chris. It was a pleasant surprise to see your post. Welcome on board, and I am sure this board will also benefit from your experiences as a journalist, as a tennis player, as a coach, and as a first class human being.

Yes, I am ITN-3 and my mobility score was not that good although I am quite fast on the court!

Those who want to contact me can drop me an email: makhan67@hotmail.com or call me on my mobile 00 92 300 8568403. It is quite easy to contact me.

ctorchia
09-24-2005, 04:53 AM
USC Fan: It's easy to get in touch with Mahboob Khan. I met him at the Islamabad Club, which I believe is the only tennis club in the Pakistani capital. Clay, dusty courts, blazing sun. Small tennis circle, but committed players.
Joe Sch: Thanks for the SCal suggestion. I'll skip Disneyland, but I'm sure a week or two of California tennis would be invaluable. If you ever plan a trip to Baghdad, let me know and I'll put you in touch with players there.

Mahboob Khan
10-05-2005, 08:58 AM
Welcome back to Islamabad, Chris. I am looking forward to arrange some practice sessions for you. Regards, Mahboob Khan.