PDA

View Full Version : training 4 tennis ?

chow ming en
09-23-2005, 10:42 PM
hey u guys out there, how do i train 4 tennis ?

Prince_of_Tennis
09-23-2005, 11:00 PM
Like Physically or Playing actually Tennis?

Marius_Hancu
09-24-2005, 03:50 AM
in terms of conditioning (including footwork), check the Health forum and the links in my signature here:

Koaske
09-24-2005, 06:56 AM
Hitting to wall, practicing serve, hitting with friends , going to gym. Ball Machine is good too. You meant something like this?

Mahboob Khan
09-24-2005, 07:27 AM
For conditioning remember "SPRS" which means:

Sit Ups
Push Ups
Rope-jumping
Short sprints

SPRS can be done any where any time! Of course, if you have access to gym .. three times a week will be excellent.

Take tennis lessons to make your game technically sound.

Play lots of matches.

There are many good instructional sites which you may consider:

-- This Forum

-- www.tennisplayer.net

-- www.procomparetennis.net

-- www.tennisgeometrics.net

-- www.tennisone.com.

I hope the above helps.

Mahboob Khan

donnyz89
09-24-2005, 10:31 AM
Push ups helps shoulder i understand, but how greatly would situps benefit you? im sure there are other things he can easily do that will help a lot more than sit ups.

i think instead of situps it should be stretches. because its soo important to be flexible. able to life weight is nothing if your muscle can move in a flexible range. stretch for 15 minutes everyday will make you flexible, less prone to injury, faster, and ultimately stronger as well. people underrate the effects of stretches, they think its only something to warm up the body, but weight lifting IS stretching the muscles and a lot of people dont lift weights properly and dont finish the full movement of the muscle or because of lack of flexibility.