PDA

View Full Version : federer groundstroke movies...

aye5882
09-25-2005, 08:26 PM
if anyone out there wants to emulate or study federer's groundstrokes, here's a site that has super slo-mo videos of it.... enjoy!!

http://federermagic.blogspot.com/2005/01/clips-of-roger-federer-in-slow-motion.html

SageOfDeath
09-25-2005, 08:45 PM
oh my god.... thank you! Usually I see videos that are crappy and you can't even see when they contact the ball. This is a beautiful clip of his backhand!

I can see the ball deform! If this video were any better I could count how many times the ball rotates.

Prince_of_Tennis
09-25-2005, 08:50 PM
oh my god.... thank you! Usually I see videos that are crappy and you can't even see when they contact the ball. This is a beautiful clip of his backhand!

I can see the ball deform! If this video were any better I could count how many times the ball rotates.
LoL should of asked these videos are pretty old but they are probabyl the best.

nViATi
09-25-2005, 08:53 PM
weird.. i have ffdshow yet the only one that works for me is 1000fps.mpg

mistapooh
09-25-2005, 08:57 PM
Hey, they work for me now. I just love the second clip, it looks like he's floating if you watch how his feet are and how he lands, haha.

156MPHserve
10-31-2005, 05:50 PM
yeah he does seem to float on stills... also notice how his racquet accelerates sooo quick just before he hits it, and his wrist is actually laid back until AFTER contact, he follows through with pronation, he doesn't actually wrist the forehand...