PDA

View Full Version : One Handed Backhand

MMkay5
09-26-2005, 04:00 PM
I've realized ive been hitting a lot more one handed backhands. I really dont want to get into this habit because I know I wont be able to continually do it. Any advice on how to stop this? Thanks

PM_
09-26-2005, 04:09 PM
What is the problem here? Are you consciously trying to hit your 2-hander and for some reason your weak hand is saying, "Mommy I'm scared"??? For 2-handers, the only time you should be using just the single on your weak side is when you're reaching out for a ball or slicing or volleying.

All Court
09-26-2005, 04:16 PM
Err...if you're slipping towards it, maybe it's time to try it out a bit more. It might work for you better. Not continually do it? You're doing it without even trying frequently, but you think you can't keep it up?

Just try all one handed backhands for a bit. See if it works for you. If it doesn't, at least you know.

Are you getting good results with those one handed backhands?

Marius_Hancu
09-26-2005, 04:35 PM
should you want to better yourself in the 1HBH
(and not just to get rid of it)
check my posting
One Handed Backhand
in the Sticky at the top of this Forum

MMkay5
09-27-2005, 04:51 PM
i dont want to have the one handed backhand. i just occurs sometimes when i dont even realize it

golden chicken
09-27-2005, 05:03 PM
1hbh happens to me because i'm too lazy to take a half step forwards and bend my knees. i'd rather bend forwards a little and hit a 1hbh. also, since i like to go to net, i have to sometimes decide in the middle of the point which backhand to use.

MOVE YOUR FEET. get into position to hit your two handed backhand EVERY time. make sure to step into the ball and bend your front knee. make sure your contact isn't too far in front or you'll go back to one-handed.