PDA

View Full Version : Best Tennis Shoes for Flat Feet

fabiola
05-18-2004, 12:20 PM
What are the best tennis shoes for flat feet?

Foo4Everlong
05-19-2004, 07:40 AM
I have flat feet and even though the don't last very long, any pair of Nike shoes that I have , have felt awesome on my feet. I usually wear any shoe that Andre wears and they all have felt just perfect. And so comfortable. Right now I'm wearing the Breathe Free I's, but I may go to the Breathe Free II's very soon. Later

fastdunn
05-19-2004, 08:26 AM
It depends on the type of flat foot you have.

If you have a real flat foot, you can less cushion and thus
you should look for better cushion.
If you have a over pronated foot, you have kinda enough
cushion but get your ankle move too much. Therefore
you need stability shoes that retrict you ankle's movement.

If you get good orthotics (possibly prescribed by foot doctor)
you'll have wider choice of shoes.

Good luck.

Cruzer
05-20-2004, 09:08 PM
I have flat feet and had to deal with a brusied metatarsal a couple of years ago. My sports doctor said the key was finding shoes with good cushioning and once the cushioning has gone change the shoes even though they not have any physical signs of being worn out. Following this advice has been the key to having any more foot problems. My all time favorite shoes for comfort and looks were the Nike Air Assailants, which of course have not been available for a few years.
I am also a runner and since I am a pronator I used to use orthotics but my sports doctor said they provided little if any benefit when playing tennis.
I think just about all tennis shoes are OK for someone with flat feet with the main differentiator being how fast the cushioning wears out. Nike shoes in general are very comfortable and provide very good cushioning initially but they also lose their cushioning the fastest. I have found both Adidas and New Balance shoes provide better cushioning longer.

K!ck5w3rvE
05-21-2004, 11:56 PM
my coach is the using the Lotto Indoor Tennis Shoe and he really likes that for flat feet, and he said that durability isnt a problem either

fastdunn
05-24-2004, 06:05 PM
The foot doctor prescribed orthotics are not for improving
your performance when playing tennis. My left foot pronates
too much but it actually helps hugging tennis court faster.
Orthotics are for protecting your joint/tendons for a long term.
Orthotics should be made by really good foot doctor to be
effective. Those real foot doctor who carefully examine your
foot, test how your ankle joint moves, watch how you walk
and examine your bone structure around knee ans shin because
it should be designed considering that.
This is for long term care. Preparing for next 10 years or more
down the road. Orthotics work for this because of this simple
theory that it changes how much your foot gets pronated.

Most of average foot doctor will
just take a look at your foot a little bit and ask you to step
on the molding foam. They're no better than the ones you
can buy at Walmat. Those are just for cushion.
It won't make much differences...

I have flat feet and had to deal with a brusied metatarsal a couple of years ago. My sports doctor said the key was finding shoes with good cushioning and once the cushioning has gone change the shoes even though they not have any physical signs of being worn out. Following this advice has been the key to having any more foot problems. My all time favorite shoes for comfort and looks were the Nike Air Assailants, which of course have not been available for a few years.
I am also a runner and since I am a pronator I used to use orthotics but my sports doctor said they provided little if any benefit when playing tennis.
I think just about all tennis shoes are OK for someone with flat feet with the main differentiator being how fast the cushioning wears out. Nike shoes in general are very comfortable and provide very good cushioning initially but they also lose their cushioning the fastest. I have found both Adidas and New Balance shoes provide better cushioning longer.